• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guy Roger Nzamba

KrustyTheKray

President
What ever happened to this chap?
Think he was an international for Gabon, he came to us and got injured and was never seen again.

Guy was pronounced "Gee" as in the ex-tennis star Guy Forget.

How about this! From the Gabon FA website, it seems he's a legend over there!

-----------------

It is in Nice Port that Guy Roger Nzamba recently settled with his family. Today, old the international Gabonese one is implied actively in the development of the National School of Football and all was lately named "in charge of missions" within the new office of Fégafoot. Last weekend old the star of our football agreed to grant an interview to us...

The Feather of the Panther: Can you recall us chronologically your course?
Guy Roger Nzamba: I began into tiny in 1982 in the club Énergie Sport from Nice Port which belonged to the SEEG. This team does not exist any more; the club of the SEEG being Ndela today. I then joined Pétrosport in 1983-84 of junior. Then at the end one year, I left in Sogara during 3 years 1986 to 1989. During this period the club gained two championships, I was called for the first time in Nationale team in 1988 and I was elected better striker in 1988-89. Then I left for France where I had three proposals: Auxerre, the PSG and Toulon which was at the time in division 1. I passed my tests to Auxerre, they were conclusive and as it was a formative club, I remained. I spent three years to Burgundy, of 1990 to 1993. Then I asked to be lent to a club of division 2 bus the coach did not find me ready for division 1. Always under contract with Auxerre, I thus evolved/moved with Mulhouse in 1994 and Angers in 1995.
In 1996, I returned with the FC105 because of my military service. The media and the public at this time criticized me much for my choices, but I still insist: France had convened me for the military service in Orleans. I thus did not have the choice and for personal reasons, I preferred to make my service in Gabon with the FC105. It is once again only because of that that I came to make one season with the FC105.
But it was of course not question which I put an end to my professional career. After I thus went to Italy to Trieste where I made two years. I can say with the proper perspective, that during all my career in club, they were my best years. And this from any point of view: reception, team spirit and also the financial level.
Then I went to England in Southend United in division 2 to with dimensions of London. But unfortunately I was seriously wounded with ankle at the time of my first match test and my English career fell to water.
I was made look after in Monaco during 3 months and in my spirit I had stopped the competition. Then in 1999, I was contacted by Courtrai, Belgian club of the second division which aimed to return in the elite. I was the best striker of the club the first season. Unfortunately, Courtrai did not go up in division 1 and I then decided to stop my professional career after the season 2001-02.

LPP: What becomes Guy Roger Nzamba? And which is your role on the level of the National school of Football?
Guy Roger Nzamba: Let us say that... (it réfléchit).....l' school is a project of State. The Minister for Youth and the Sports thus asked me to deal with this school by shouldering one of his former adviser. It is besides for this reason that I am currently in Nice Port, because without this project I will have remained a little bit longer in France. It is simple, as long as the State will sponsorisera the school that Ci will exist.
Of another dimensioned, I was recently named in the federal team as in charge of Missions. Here are what I currently do. With regard to my family, I live here with my wife and my two children.

LPP: Which was your more beautiful memory during your professional career?
Guy Roger Nzamba: Without hesitating, I would say the first participation out of Cut of Africa of the Nations in 1994. Moreover, personally during the qualifications, I had marked several capital goals. I think that this generation of players would have being medal-holder because it was the first time of our History. In more there had been the suspense of the last matches with Cameroun which beat Chad. We were to assert ourselves on the Benign one. The béninois led to the score and had finally carried it to us in Cotonou 2 goals with 1. One returns in Libreville and it is the apotheosis! It is incontestably my more beautiful memory.

LPP: Which was your greater regret?
Guy Roger Nzamba: I am not kind to regret. I have of them one which touches my family and which is very personal; I thus do not wish to divide it. That which comes me to mind it is perhaps when I asked in Auxerre to lend to me. Guy Roux still too just found me for division 1, and I negotiated so that I would be lent because I wanted absolutely to play as a professional immediately. With the proper perspective, I think that I will have to have patience a little more.

LPP: Which memories keep EDGE 1996?
Guy Roger Nzamba: A taste a little bitter finally! I say this because we realized, at the last moment, which we had the capacities to further go that the ¼ from finales. One really released oneself at the last time. The problem it was the psychosis of 1994. One had begun the tournament in a careful way, and one it is released too late! My preferred match will have been that against Zaire where I think, in all modesty, to have really played on my higher level. Léo Martial, which one like coach associated with had dimensioned of Da Costa, had said to me at the beginning of meeting, which it was necessary that I give all in this match because the result depended on it. That had galvanized me and I very gave.

LPP: Which are the players whom you côtoyé who marked you during your career?
Guy Roger Nzamba: First of all, that that I did not côtoyé but who remain a myth for much, it is Diego Maradona. Then at the professional level, it is for me without question Enzo Scifo in Auxerre. It made me dream with its keys of ball, it was the perfection! At the local level I liked much to touch it ball of Guy Anotho, Leon Paul Ngoulakia, the effectiveness of Michel Minko, Sosa Dinallo... but there are many others of it...

LPP: A particular word for international A current?
Guy Roger Nzamba: The selection suffered much from the faulty operation of the former federal team. It is not normal, which after our generation, at the beginning of the years 2000, the Nationale selection was taken again by a strong percentage of young people without true transition. That proves that there was an excessive relaxation on the training level. It is a total failure which we had these last years. Today the Nationale selection is young, it points out a little that to me which we had at the beginning of the Nineties. Any remainder to be made and it are necessary that the public is lenient, tolerant, to help this team to open out and to grow.
The council that I can give to the players is to continue to work, to be professional, to believe in what they do, and to accept the rules of football which make that competition must remain positive. Competition must by no means be synonymous with jealousy and quarrels. It should be remembered constantly that one plays for a team. It is that the spirit of the sport. And even the adversary should not be regarded as an enemy. During 90 minutes it is a combat on the ground, but at the end of the meeting, sporting ethics wants that one finds oneself and even as one takes a pot together. At our time we had suffered also much from excessive jealousies, but it is significant that that is unobtrusive to create within this team a true family. I know that the current president, with which I divide many points of sights, wants that one sets up a team which, in two three years, could be on the ground the closed eyes. Thus my council is that they continue to work like a navvy, to listen, because they will always learn still and and that until the end from their career.

And here he is!!

GR_Nzamba5.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I was contacted by Courtrai, Belgian club of the second division which aimed to return in the elite. I was the best striker of the club the first season.

Not big-headed at all is he?!
tounge.gif

Still think "NZAMBA'S" would be a great name for a bar ...

WS

Back