• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guys very IMPORTANT...

Ok this is important... and may be a bit long

Was at work tonight and read a guys letter from the train company that he works for. Basically there is a warning from the Hertfordshire and Bedford shire ambulance service of a report that a women went to an Odean cinema and after sitting down felt something in her leg. It was a needle, and attatched was a note saying, you have now been infected with HIV. She was checked out and did have it. So look out on public transport, cinemas, everywhere cos there are sick people out there wanting to hurt everyone.

f%&king dirty bastards!

This is a nasty idea of course, but I feel is an urban myth. The same story has been relayed about cinema seating in Southend, and also on public transport in the Basildon area.

If it had actually happened, I think it would have made the papers and national news. And it hasn't.

Whilst we are on the subject of consumer terrorism I found a small plastic dinosaur in a box of Cornflakes once.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 16 2005,08:50)]Whilst we are on the subject of consumer terrorism I found a small plastic dinosaur in a box of Cornflakes once.
I bet it was the one i wanted to complete my collection.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 16 2005,08:50)]Whilst we are on the subject of consumer terrorism I found a small plastic dinosaur in a box of Cornflakes once.
Those small, crappy toys that fell out of your cereal box brightened up many a dull morning when I was a wee nipper...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 16 2005,09:10)]
[b said:
Those small, crappy toys that fell out of your cereal box brightened up many a dull morning when I was a wee nipper...
Still makes my day now!

tounge.gif

on the subject of the HIV thing that story was circling a few years ago about people in TALK (formally TOTS) nighclub and also Chameleon injecting people with HIV.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Dec. 16 2005,07:26)]Urban myth ...

WS

EDIT:

Might not be. This same thing appeared on my unit orders in Col******r last month. Apparantly someone left a needle in Col******r Odeon. I dare say that before it appeared on orders, it would have been checked with Civ Pol for accuracy.

7 more today found according to a guy from South West trains. I doubt that this is a myth! There are some f%&kups around!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Dec. 19 2005,01:11)]7 more today found according to a guy from South West trains. I doubt that this is a myth! There are some f%&kups around!
Check the Snopes link....its a myth.....

Don't even need to read the snopes link to see it's a myth - if it were true it'd be all over the news and the gutter press would be having a field day with it all....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 19 2005,12:52)]Don't even need to read the snopes link to see it's a myth - if it were true it'd be all over the news and the gutter press would be having a field day with it all....
True.....

It amazes me at times how some myths keep going for years and still manage to remain almost word perfect to the original (places change obviously) . The Car jacking in the large shopping centre car parks is one.

Alright Know it alls, so why are there letters being shown to people, me getting told by a guy that has worked for the railways for 50 years about this. I believe it, if you dont then no problems. Just if i was you, look out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 16 2005,09:44)]I can also refute another urban myth. Napper bought me a drink before the last home game.
laugh.gif
Obviously a myth.

Given ORM's on going supprt for Maher, ORM clearly hasn't been to a game for at least 2 months.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Dec. 20 2005,11:44)]Alright Know it alls, so why are there letters being shown to people, me getting told by a guy that has worked for the railways for 50 years about this. I believe it, if you dont then no problems. Just if i was you, look out!
Because the people who write said letters / that railway bloke are obviously extremely gullible.

I'm actually surprised you put so much belief into it yourself, I thought you were smarter than that.
No-one needs to look out, because it's all b0llocks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 20 2005,13:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Dec. 20 2005,11:44)]Alright Know it alls, so why are there letters being shown to people, me getting told by a guy that has worked for the railways for 50 years about this. I believe it, if you dont then no problems. Just if i was you, look out!
Because the people who write said letters / that railway bloke are obviously extremely gullible.

I'm actually surprised you put so much belief into it yourself, I thought you were smarter than that.
No-one needs to look out, because it's all b0llocks.
So official letters from big companies are Sh it then are they?

Back