• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hairdressers

Which gender is best for cutting/styling hair

• Total voters
Now for some reason I've never felt at ease in having a woman cut my hair (maybe stems from childhood when my Mum as frugal as ever got the old dear next door to cut it).

Obviously the hairdressers can be a haven for lots of dolled up hotties so simple really, which gender do you prefer to cut your hair? I guess equally you could be less happy for "Jason" who's a very friendly young man to stand within 10 feet of your barnet.

Personally (before I bought a set of clippers and cut it at home) I'd always shy away from a woman cutting it and in the barbers I went to when I moved here I'd always let people jump the queue if the next available person was female. Best hairdresser I ever had was this Italian guy when I lived in Ipswich who always had some DtS style stories about his previous weekend!

Dammit, should have had a third poll option.
My name's Slipper & I'm auditioning for the next Scooby Doo movie!

Personally I am ok with both sexs but I seem to get on better with women as a rule. The blokes that I have had have been really boring old boys as a kid.

My hairdresser is ideal. Young and modern looking so you have a bit of confidence in her and yet not that good looking that you might sour 10 years of good haircutting by wanting to get hold of her.

Go to barbers in Tonbridge - Sky Sports on the telly, coffee if you fancy it, and talk stuff you couldn't talk about with a woman

Now for some reason I've never felt at ease in having a woman cut my hair (maybe stems from childhood when my Mum as frugal as ever got the old dear next door to cut it).

Obviously the hairdressers can be a haven for lots of dolled up hotties so simple really, which gender do you prefer to cut your hair? I guess equally you could be less happy for "Jason" who's a very friendly young man to stand within 10 feet of your barnet.

Personally (before I bought a set of clippers and cut it at home) I'd always shy away from a woman cutting it and in the barbers I went to when I moved here I'd always let people jump the queue if the next available person was female. Best hairdresser I ever had was this Italian guy when I lived in Ipswich who always had some DtS style stories about his previous weekend!

I hate men cutting my hair for some reason. But the girl who does my hair in Cheltenham is very quiet and hardly says a word to you. Plus I like having my hair cut with a razor but she always uses scissors which annoys me!!

And no I dont have a skinhead or a number 2!!

Not bothered what the gender of my hairdresser is as long as he/she shuts up and cuts my hair, rather than bang on about Ayia Napa. The hairdressers I go to in Chelmsford, has the worlds most aggressive male hairdresser - aggressive in how he cuts your hair rather than manner.

I did used to have a hairdresser when I lived in Southend that was a junkie. The only issue there was it was my head he screwed up.

I went to get my barnet clipped last week... It'd grown into a complete beast and was in dire need of a trim, so went to the first place that looked half decent.

Sat down, picked up the sport pages of the guardian and looked over to see an absolute stunner cutting someones hair. I thought, with people like that working here this place must get so much business. No. Of course, when it came to me being next in the queue... The Slug Woman appeared from the back. She had no neck, very little facial expression and proceeded to talk to me about Chickens pecking eachother to death... Seriously. I tried to pass her onto one of the 2 other blokes on the sofa, but they, like me, were in fear of being eaten by it.

I tried my best to find salt to pour on it... But to no avail. As it goes, she didn't do a bad job at all and I'll be very happy to go there again... Although i'll try better to time it better so the Woman from Planet Slug's unfortunate next victim is not me.

I can't stand hairdresser small-talk. The banality of it drives me to despair. Yes the weather is crap, no I haven't been on holiday this year, yes I have already heard about X, can you please just concentrate on cutting my hair.

I'd much rather have my hair cut properly and in silence than listen to someone drone on about something I'm really not interested in. You can't even tell them to shut up or disagree with them because for so long as they wield the scissors they are all powerful. At least if you disagree with a cabbie all they are going to do is take a slightly longer route back.

Anyway, to answer the question, female.

I think your best advised to get well in with your hairdresser if its going to be a long term relationship.

My girl is wicked. She texts me once or twice a month for a natter and I always text to let her know when I am coming in to make sure she is there.

She times herself so I get her without too much wait and once when I had a mates wedding she came in ealry to give me a hiarcut. Sometimes go for a beer with her (And her bloke) and all in all we get on great which is ideal.

my hairdresser is my cousin which is convenient as i needn't leave my house for a trim and can watch the footy too :)She works in Regis in Chelmsford but i never go to barbers, before my cousin was old enough to cut hair we had a family friend who did my hair so I've had and easy life really

There was a topless hairdressers near me which only got shut down recently.

I never went of course...... :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

There was a topless hairdressers near me which only got shut down recently.

I never went of course...... :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Sounds a great idea. When I managed betting shops I always advocated topless cashiers to get the punters in. I even mentioned it to a couple of cashiers who thought it would have been worth a go! After all you had to be over 18 to go in, so why not.

Unfortunately, the powers that be didn't think it such a good idea.:guns: :thump:

Back