• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

billy best was god

Youth Team
Went to my first ever professional cricket match Sunday to see Essex V Summerset, match was really boring and the crowd were so so quite.

What was interesting was the interval, all the crowd went on to the pitch, adults with their beers and fags looking at the wicket and watching the ground staff while all around families were playing cricket having been allowed in and on the pitch with real wooden bats(can you imagine being allowed in our ground with bats) , and chairs for stumps. For 15 minutes there must have been 30 matches going on.

So my thought was wouldn’t it be good if we could do this on our pitch, dads and kids on the pitch at half time with a ball and jumpers for goal posts. Or just to walk-on the pitch to stretch your legs. Or we could copy polo and at the interval we could go on the pitch and tread the divots down.

But as we cant even go on the pitch at the end of the season I suppose it is a no no shame

Pitch would be destroyed by christmas so I really don't think there is any debating that this should never happen.

Good idea, especially during a hot summer day/evening, everyone that wants to cool down could go onto the pitch, then the groundman turns on sprinkers full blast.

Half time is for perving at the bluebelles not getting spotty chavs on the pitch pretending theyre Lionel Messi.

Who did we play when we had a half time pitch invasion as a protest against Vic Jobson, actually not sure, it may have been before the match. I seem to remember about 20 people being arrested and led around the pitch, some of those arrested had not even been on the pitch and were picked out by the Police as they looked like people that had been on the pitch!

Back