• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hammond and mccleod

steve54

Youth Team
heard a rumour today that ps has signed both players anyone else hear anything

heard a rumour today that ps has signed both players anyone else hear anything

Think one is still presenting top gear and the other is way to old having served his time as a detective in colorado.

Last edited:
After today's shambles, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran in the other direction :)

If McLeod does come in, I'd imagine it would be on a heavily incentives based deal. At least I'd hope that'd be the case.

If McLeod does come in, I'd imagine it would be on a heavily incentives based deal. At least I'd hope that'd be the case.

Surely Ron martin wouldnt offer contracts that would damage the club....Erm hang on a minute

If that proves to be true I don't see what Hammond brings to the table that Corr, Sturrock and Paterson don't. McLeod, well it depends if we sign the MK Dons McLeod or his rubbish twin that was at Charlton.

I think that Andy was intimating a pay as you play scheme.

Sort of, along with goal incentives etc. In no way would I imagine McLeod would come here solely on a pay as you go type deal though.

I'd be extremely, extremely surprised if we signed both of them. Unless Paterson and Crawford were to move on.

Too be honest, what I saw today then I wouldnt mind seeing a new strike force. Only Corr looks like he could be handy at this level.

Blair Witch is never gonna get a fair crack at the whip and too be fair was always going to be a bit part.

Paterson looks as weak as a child and I dont think we will create the kind of chances he needs. Spencer just isnt cut out for it in my eyes, but I know a lot of you like him. At least he cut his bloody hair!!

So cannot see how McLeod and Hammond could be much worse (watch me eat those words in a week or two :D)

If we could sign the Mcleod of a few years ago or even anything near that standard then I would welcome him with open arms and give him a chance. So far this season has showed how much we need a proven goalscorer and if Mcleod rediscovers his touch then he could be one hell of a signing

Can't say I'm too surprised, it certainly sounded like Hammond was no different than Corr or Sturrock and McLeod seems to be a shadow of his former self.

I personally think we'll use the loan market as, when Premier League squads confirm their 25's on September 1st, there'll be a lot of backwards loan movement throughout the leagues.

On OS both players no better than what we have and have left the club. Yes Elvis has left the building ;)

A bit more worrying was PS' comment that 'I'd still like one more forward and although we are on the limit of the budget I think the chairman would support me in making that happen'. This, I believe, is the first time we have heard that we are on the spending limit, not that we have bought anyone. Wil be interesting to see if we do get another striker in. I suspect it will be through a loan.

I think we will look to loan out at least two to substantially fund one in (almost certainly a year long loan- or at least 6 months).
The chances of getting a quality striker on a free (or even under 150k) is minimal so it is either a big gamble like MacLeod or a loanee.

Back