• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Having read the forum over my lunch for longer than I care to remember, I already feel like I know all the characters even though this is my first post.
Was a season ticket holder for over 20 yrs but let it lapse a couple of years ago at the height of the RM shenanigans. Whilst personally nothing surprises me any longer, I did feel that RM was genuine, a good communicator, and generally a positive for The Blues. When we started defaulting on wages, taxes etc. I took it personally as not normally a poor judge of character. Anyway enough of that has been documented elsewhere!!
My dliemna now is that The Blues have a very good chance of being at Wembley next month. Whilst not wanting to tempt fate I'm sure many of you have already blocked out that weekend, and are refusing to make alternative commitments.
Personally would love to see The Blues at the home of football, but also very conscious that I lay myself open to being accused of being a hanger on / glory seeker who is nowhere to be found on a cold Tuesday evening in January. (Something I am sure that I have been guilty of doing many times over the years!)
Would appreciate the voice of the genuine fans - better to have a massive following, or something to be savoured by the hardcore?

Welcome to the board.

Every fairweather supporter would be welcome if we got to wembley, even people who have been to Southend on a day trip as long as they cheer us on and swell our crowd!

Should we get through Ill be taking my 4 year old son and he will probably play the iphone most of the game !

Well that appears to have been an emphatic yes! Having made all the Cardiff trips (as a hardened supporter) it would be a pleasure to be cheering the Blues under the Wembley Arch :thumbsup:

Davey, welcome to the zone. Once a shrimper always a shrimper. The important thing is you are a fan. Not all zoners watch all the games, but they are still fans. I have just come back to UK after 8 years overseas. I would get home to see 3/4 games a season - often games that end up postponed because of weather. BUT while overseas, and Blues Player never working, it was the Zone that kept me in touch with reality. So you are very welcome. Don't take some of the comments too personally. Just enjoy the ups and downs of supporting the team. Ours are genuine fans and it is a great club to support. UTB

Well I live down under and I'm really considering coming over (a couple of things have to tidied up first) if The Blues get to wembley. Will cost about A$3000 but who cares. Now thats a real hanger on!!!

Well I live down under and I'm really considering coming over (a couple of things have to tidied up first) if The Blues get to wembley. Will cost about A$3000 but who cares. Now thats a real hanger on!!!

I dont think you are a hanger on esther because for that price im sure you will get a seat.

I know the new wembley is dear but hells bells ! It might include a hoTdog

and a coke:omg:

If you were a season ticket-holder for 20 years then I wouldn't call you a "hanger-on". Fans come and go depending on what's happening in their lives. I'm at uni so only get to games when I'm at home in the holidays or away ones near where I'm based. Something like a play-off final is a chance for all our fans to come together. Saying that, there was something special about the play-off final in 2005 and only hardcore fans being there. An "I was there moment", a reward for loyalty. But as someone else said, it'd look quite pathetic if we only took 8/9000 fans to Wembley, which we wouldn't.

If we get to Wembley and take 30K there you will still see peope moaning on here where are these fans every week!!! It happened before after the Cardiff games. Simple fact is there are a lot of Southend fans outthere who maybe go once or twice a season or maybe havent been before who will go.

Back