• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Happy Birthday to Robert Zimmerman

Wasn't near a computer yesterday, so Happy Belated 70th Bob!

3 songs...
Subterrainian Homesick Blues
Maggie's Farm
High Water (For Charley Patton)

One of the coolest mutha****ers to walk the earth imho, love the way he ****ed with journalists who tried to pigeonhole him in the 60's (as seen in No Direction Home), and the self mythologising side to him too.

I was going to have a pop at him selling out when he helped sell bras and pants for Victoria's Secret. The I saw the Youtube advert and I've changed my mind......:slurp:

Absolute genius. Love his music. It's impossible to list a top three, they're all great. That said, don't waste your money seeing him live. I went to his last concert at the O2 and was very disappointed.

I enjoyed him in Brixton a few years ago, v different to him in his peak, and a little mad at times, but good none the same. His voice was sounding very gravelly but strong when I saw him (5/6 years ago?)

Back