• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
Im finding it hard to get excited now ,not because of Wembley result or the fact Southend made it to Wembley.Im all for giving PB a chance but find his team selections confusing.Everyday i have come here to Shrimperzone and read all the threads and added a few myself,some not to well received .I wonder now what sort of team we will have next season,yes i believe we will survive and SUFC will live on.But my enthusiasm has deminished ,i read so many negative threads now,even though most say they would help in the reformation of a new Southend,to me it wouldnt be the same.Im not sure RM as got it right with the appointment of PB,when u see with the team he selects you cannot win ,takes a bit of the expectancy and excitement from me.Still as i said i will give him a chance , but how i feel at this time ,i think come mid season next season i believe there will be 5000 fans baying for blood.

My take on it has been that PB may well have been astute enough to realise that when he took over that the play offs were unlikely. He is,therefore, looking at what needs to be done for next season and buggering about with the team is a part of that . The real big question mark about him already though was the daft starting line up he put out at Wembley and it is precisely this , rather than the result itself, which has led to a very subdued mood among supporters lately notwithstanding the council vote tomorrow.

Its exactly that why i find my enthusiasm deminishing ,Wembley was not a match to be toying with the line up.It was a showpiece for SUFC not only to the rest of the country but more importantly to 31000 supporters,How many of them will after that become regular supporters, a chance lost, and if PB can toy with selections on such a big platform as that ,just what is he capable of doing!CONFERENCE maybe

I am struggling to find something to look forward to as well, I renewed my season ticket after losing 2-0 to Plymouth and I'm just waiting for us to finish bottom half of the table and let PB show us how he will get us promoted next year after the transfer period.. :thumbsup:

It will be exciting going forward, decisions to be made on the current playing squad, new players coming in throughout the summer and still the uncertainty whether we will make the playoffs or not.

There is still a goal in sight for this season however bleak it may look it is still possible

Yet another really depressing thread on Shrimperzone after a defeat. A defeat at Wembley nonetheless but a defeat in one game all the same.

I can accept the views that Sunday was a massive missed opportunity to attract new fans but we haven't played well for weeks. Losing to a half decent Crewe side from the league above isn't exactly shameful. I was also proud of the way the players stuck at it and did all they could to try and get back into the game. Memories can often be rose tinted but I can't remember such a fightback at either LDV final at Cardiff. It just wasn't our day.

I'll admit I was shocked by the starting lineup and agree it was very negative for a cup final. However we were playing a team from a higher division and all I can think is that Straker was put at left midfield to provide further protection to a half fit Chris Barker. Sturrock played Straker there sometimes so although negative it wasn't a massive shock, just disappointing.

I think the decision to play Mohsni at centre midfield is the most alarming. Phil Brown could be forgiven for not knowing the player well enough and making such a mistake about where he was capable of playing. But Graham Coughlan has been at the club for the entire duration of Bilel's SUFC career and must surely have disagreed with this?

If Phil Brown is ignoring GC's advice at this early stage then he'll surely bring his own man in in the summer and we'll start again. I really feel that people are going a bit overboard due to a disappointing season and a shambolic dismissal of our most recent manager.

In the summer Phil Brown will assemble his own squad and give it a go next season to get us up. Until then I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and I hope a few more on here and in the stands do too or we might all be slitting wrists before the season starts!

Im finding it hard to get excited now ,not because of Wembley result or the fact Southend made it to Wembley.Im all for giving PB a chance but find his team selections confusing.Everyday i have come here to Shrimperzone and read all the threads and added a few myself,some not to well received .I wonder now what sort of team we will have next season,yes i believe we will survive and SUFC will live on.But my enthusiasm has deminished ,i read so many negative threads now,even though most say they would help in the reformation of a new Southend,to me it wouldnt be the same.Im not sure RM as got it right with the appointment of PB,when u see with the team he selects you cannot win ,takes a bit of the expectancy and excitement from me.Still as i said i will give him a chance , but how i feel at this time ,i think come mid season next season i believe there will be 5000 fans baying for blood.
Hilarious coming from someone who was slating the "negativity" on the zone a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome to the real world and congratulations for removing your head from your arse :smile:

The last few games were always going to be about PB assessing his squad and trying to get the best out of them. In the summer, I would imagine a lot will be allowed to go and he will bring in his own men. Difficult to judge him until then really. A new broom sweeps clean - just a shame it happened before Wembley as a settled side would have made far more of that game I think.

Im finding it hard to get excited now ,not because of Wembley result or the fact Southend made it to Wembley.Im all for giving PB a chance but find his team selections confusing.Everyday i have come here to Shrimperzone and read all the threads and added a few myself,some not to well received .I wonder now what sort of team we will have next season,yes i believe we will survive and SUFC will live on.But my enthusiasm has deminished ,i read so many negative threads now,even though most say they would help in the reformation of a new Southend,to me it wouldnt be the same.Im not sure RM as got it right with the appointment of PB,when u see with the team he selects you cannot win ,takes a bit of the expectancy and excitement from me.Still as i said i will give him a chance , but how i feel at this time ,i think come mid season next season i believe there will be 5000 2,500 fans baying for blood.

Edited for accuracy

The last few games were always going to be about PB assessing his squad and trying to get the best out of them. In the summer, I would imagine a lot will be allowed to go and he will bring in his own men. Difficult to judge him until then really. A new broom sweeps clean - just a shame it happened before Wembley as a settled side would have made far more of that game I think.

This. I think people are being far too harsh on Phil Brown. He's not gonna come in and instantly know the best team as he didnt sign any of the players. Decisions like Moshni at centre mid might just be an experiment, which obviously hasnt worked and yes maybe he shouldnt try it in such a big game. But until he's signed his own players and had a season with that side its not fair to judge.

Its exactly that why i find my enthusiasm deminishing ,Wembley was not a match to be toying with the line up.It was a showpiece for SUFC not only to the rest of the country but more importantly to 31000 supporters,How many of them will after that become regular supporters, a chance lost, and if PB can toy with selections on such a big platform as that ,just what is he capable of doing!CONFERENCE maybe

Totally this

Sadly i agree too, but, i really really hope my feelings are totally wrong, i might put a bet on sufc getting relegated if anyone knows my betting record is a guarantee we will win the league!!!

This seasons already over for me, will just keep an eye on the scores and start again next season.

Hoping Brown doesn't change too much, I like most of the players we have, he just needs to fill a few positions.

But yes my enthusiasm has gone too!

Back