• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Wrexham fans giving it the bigun on the National League forum about how they are gonna smash Notts County and get promoted. No chance with Lennon in the team
They’re becoming a very dislikable club. I really hope they don’t go up but can’t see it not happening. I expect they’ll spend big again.

They’re becoming a very dislikable club. I really hope they don’t go up but can’t see it not happening. I expect they’ll spend big again.
Plenty of time for them to go into free fall. There are a few strong clubs up there that have a good team spirit and play well as a unit.
Throwing money around doesn't always mean success

Plenty of time for them to go into free fall. There are a few strong clubs up there that have a good team spirit and play well as a unit.
Throwing money around doesn't always mean success
Yes it does, ask man city fans ?. Wrexham will come strong in the business end of the season. To many good players at that club not to be up the top come end of the season.

I think the club itself aren't doing anything to become dislikeable, bar trying to buy the league, the fans are the ones making it dislikeable because the money has grown their egos thinking they'll walk it.

Let's be honest we would all be lapping it up if we were in Wrexham position...... a club with major wealth behind them, buying the best players for level they are at. Most league 1/2 clubs would love Paul Mullin in their team. No wonder their fans are quite jubilant atmo.

Let's be honest we would all be lapping it up if we were in Wrexham position...... a club with major wealth behind them, buying the best players for level they are at. Most league 1/2 clubs would love Paul Mullin in their team. No wonder their fans are quite jubilant atmo.
I'd hate to know what some of our fans would turn into if we were able to throw money around like it was nothing.

The problem isn't the actual Wrexham fans, it's the Liverpool fans that have jumped on their bandwagon.

Much as it would be if we had a chance of promotion, loads of Arsenal, spurs or spammers would find a deep rooted love of Southend
I'd hate to know what some of our fans would turn into if we were able to throw money around like it was nothing.

I know 1 thing, are attendances would double or maybe even triple overnight if we were the next big spending club.

Played 17 games last season for Wrexham but gets a new deal..

I can see this as encouraging for other teams..
They conceded just 10 goals when he was on the pitch in those 17 games. They conceded half that amount in one match without him against Grimsby the play-offs alone!

I think it was 9 clean sheets in his 16 starts as opposed to 10 clean sheets in the 30 he missed.

Can see why they’d want him as he’s an asset when fit. How many games you are going to get from him is the question. I suppose they can afford to get a better than average back-up though which alters the equation.

They conceded just 10 goals when he was on the pitch in those 17 games. They conceded half that amount in one match without him against Grimsby the play-offs alone!

I think it was 9 clean sheets in his 16 starts as opposed to 10 clean sheets in the 30 he missed.

Can see why they’d want him as he’s an asset when fit. How many games you are going to get from him is the question. I suppose they can afford to get a better than average back-up though which alters the equation.
Depends who else was in the back line for those games. Were they playing in the games where more goals were conceded?

Did Lennon play in games where the opponents were lacking fire power up front?

Depends who else was in the back line for those games. Were they playing in the games where more goals were conceded?

Your first question would be too much work to check.

I can tell you he missed both matches against Goodship’s Weymouth.

He helped keep a clean sheet v Dover in the game he played and in the one he missed they shipped 5!

This guy must be thanking his lucky stars! So many players fit and ready to go and are un-signed yet this crock, who can barely manage a third of a season (if any games at all) for years on end seems to keep getting offered deals. Fair play to him but you'd think people would look at his fitness record and be put off.

I don't know about stats but most of their forum seems happy that's he's extended his deal, so he's probably done a decent job.

I don't know about stats but most of their forum seems happy that's he's extended his deal, so he's probably done a decent job.

Indeed. Too many people here have their judgement clouded by one incident where he was effectively set up, outside of an actual match, after being a bit too naive in his decision making.

Last edited:
Back