• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Roberts

After 48 years at her madges pleasure for killing 3 police men the Millwalls fans favourite is now a free man,so should he have rotted in jail or is he ok to be out because he has done his time?
For me i thought life for murder was 7 years but then i know feck all but after 48 years i feel he should be freed but if deemed a threat to be watched closely.

"Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts"

That used to drive the Old Bill mad back in the day.

And is, of course, where our dear friend Canvey Shrimper got his nickname from/

After 48 years at her madges pleasure for killing 3 police men the Millwalls fans favourite is now a free man,so should he have rotted in jail or is he ok to be out because he has done his time?
For me i thought life for murder was 7 years but then i know feck all but after 48 years i feel he should be freed but if deemed a threat to be watched closely.

I doubt he will be a threat to many if any at 78 years old but the total lack of remorse he has reportedly not shown does make me a little uneasy at his release. I just hope he isn't rolled out as some sort of hero in the same way The Krays were.

I doubt he will be a threat to many if any at 78 years old but the total lack of remorse he has reportedly not shown does make me a little uneasy at his release. I just hope he isn't rolled out as some sort of hero in the same way The Krays were.

He did show remorse and that was one reason they let him out.

Life should mean life, rot in jail should be the punishment for murder.

im sure some idiots will think of him as some kind of hero,...*****

Personally i always thought Harry suited him better than Malcolm!
When Harry first rolled in to Leigh Comm with T J and crew he was known as Fat Harry and still is by a lot of Leigh Comm , he used to walk with a waddle and we thought it was because he went to work on a train . The last time I spoke to him we talked about the old Leigh Comm days and old Southend players and games , one thing we did not know was what happend to Jug Head Glen . When ever I think of him it always makes me smile . R I P

When Harry first rolled in to Leigh Comm with T J and crew he was known as Fat Harry and still is by a lot of Leigh Comm , he used to walk with a waddle and we thought it was because he went to work on a train . The last time I spoke to him we talked about the old Leigh Comm days and old Southend players and games , one thing we did not know was what happend to Jug Head Glen . When ever I think of him it always makes me smile . R I P

Knew Harry from a very young age (i.e. from the early 1980s), but genuinely had no idea he was called Malcolm until about six or seven years ago! Dad certainly always called him Fat Harry.

Knew Harry from a very young age (i.e. from the early 1980s), but genuinely had no idea he was called Malcolm until about six or seven years ago! Dad certainly always called him Fat Harry.

I was first introduced to him, by Bob Button, as Harry, to which a number of others, Your Dad and Uncle included, said "its Fat Harry"

This was sometimes suffixed with "the Farter" .

If he had walked into a school and killed three children would we all have been singing songs about him? Obviously killing unarmed police officers is okay despite the fact that they are people too with wives, husbands, children etc.
Certain posters on here make me sick to the stomach.

If he had walked into a school and killed three children would we all have been singing songs about him? Obviously killing unarmed police officers is okay despite the fact that they are people too with wives, husbands, children etc.
Certain posters on here make me sick to the stomach.

I don't think anyone on here approves of his dreadful crime S.A.M.

Back