• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hate to say it but

DTS

The Business
Not that it really needs to be said but tonight really is a must win game. I think the way we have been playing recently bar Ipswich gives me some confidence but we really do need to get a win.

We havent won since August now and with only two points on the road all season we simply must win tonight.

No more excuses about how we played well, how we were unlucky etc etc. I want us to go out there and take them apart.

What worries me most at the moment is we have given points to the sides around us (Sheff Wed, Leeds, QPR, Norwich etc) and lets be honest whilst there are 24 teams in this league we are basically in a mini-league of 7-8 teams.

Come on you Blues  
Oo.gif

Well said, ive been trying not to think about tonight, its a massive game, and one we simply have to win, if we lose tonight and on sat then we risk being set adrift at the bottom.

Massive massive massive. Won't get a better game to boost the confidence. Not too fussed about jostling for position just yet but we need to start picking up more points quickly and that needs to start tonight really.

If you can't beat the bottom team at home then you really have problems.

We couldn't have cherry-picked a game like this if we'd tried. If we lose this one, the confidence in the camp will be shattered.

It's going to be a tense 90mins.

Unfortunately though, when in 6-pointers like this do we ever perform?
Look at all those occassions teams like Carlisle came to town and went away with 3 points when we were struggling in the basement.  Remember the last 2 seasons when we choked against Orient & Yeovil and Gillingham & Donny.

OK, we may have beaten Bristol City in a huge game to win the league but it was a late late show and looking back maybe you could argue the City players spent the final 10 minutes of their season thinking about their summer hols!

Totally agree with the mini-league statement & if you consider who we expected to be in that group of 8-10 teams, we are doing shockingly
sad.gif

Just for the record, we've picked up two points against top half teams and eight against bottom half.

Relative to others, that's the joint fewest against top half and third fewest against bottom half

Back