• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Well, as I predicted, I sucessfully "threw" my 3rd round cup tie... but it's all in the cause of the greater good. My 2nd XI only lost 4-1 away whilst PiC, so I'm more than happy about that - especially with no injuries (touch wood) and only a couple of bookings.

TS is now "Paradise on Earth" - builds me up well for this weekend's big divisional clash away to Ironopolis...

biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 27 2004,11:42)]TS is now "Paradise on Earth" - builds me up well for this weekend's big divisional clash away to Ironopolis...
Two weeks of PiC coming up for SZFC which leads us up to the away game with our only real rivals for the title (who in their last game got 23 stars to our 26.5). I'm starting to feel confident, just wish I hadn't drawn that first game!

Mr mrs decided she couldnt beat hattrick so she joined it! I played her in a friendly last nite and my second string (with one of my first team defenders up front) won 4-2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Oct. 27 2004,13:55)]Mr mrs decided she couldnt beat hattrick so she joined it! I played her in a friendly last nite and my second string (with one of my first team defenders up front) won 4-2.
Funny that, mine was also thinking about it. The sticking point was the auction transfer system, too much effort for her.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 27 2004,17:13)]I've given up on hat-trick.

sad.gif
Good. You have nearly a month's worth of stuff to put up on the front page ...

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 27 2004,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 27 2004,17:13)]I've given up on hat-trick.

sad.gif
Good. You have nearly a month's worth of stuff to put up on the front page ...

Kev

biggrin.gif
haha. My stint will begin tonight, once I get the FTP software.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Oct. 27 2004,13:55)]Mr mrs decided she couldnt beat hattrick so she joined it! I played her in a friendly last nite and my second string (with one of my first team defenders up front) won 4-2.
Did you tell the GM's, because they are very trigger happy when it comes to kicking people off their team.

now here's a player you guys might be interested in:

Benjamin Stronach (40512762)
20 years, solid form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 560
Wage: 773 £/week
Owner: springfield`s finest
Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: weak
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: wretched
Winger: wretched Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: passable

Career Goals: 0
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Oct. 28 2004,11:19)]
[b said:
Did you tell the GM's, because they are very trigger happy when it comes to kicking people off their team.
I havent BP but it does say that as long as you dont bid for each others players they will allow it also we both have supporter paid for thru our own credit cards so they can see that we are two seperate peeps.

It's all over the English conferences on Hattrick so I've been wondering whether Shrimperzone could put a little Hattrick link somewhere just to boost England's managers and inadvertedly help all us who play by giving us a more active game. Since the official site is plugging Sunday League which is a nothing game compared to Hattrick (or so I'm told by other Hattrick players...
biggrin.gif
)

Anyway just a little link to it or something, just asking as it's my duty as a Hattrick manager and it would boost England's chances of winning a world cup.

Woo hoo! No less than 5 players levelling in defence for SZFC this week. This now guarantees us at least 10 excellent defenders by the end of the season, with possibly a formidable 4,000+ to sell. Roll on that stadium increase!

Oh and rather bizarrely, my main striker, playing up front, has levelled in defending two weeks in a row (wretched to weak). Anyone else seen this happen?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Oct. 29 2004,09:59)]Oh and rather bizarrely, my main striker, playing up front, has levelled in defending two weeks in a row (wretched to weak). Anyone else seen this happen?
it happens all the time mrb all players receive training in what you train so if they are near to popping then they pop even if they dont play the position you train.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Oct. 29 2004,10:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Oct. 29 2004,09:59)]Oh and rather bizarrely, my main striker, playing up front, has levelled in defending two weeks in a row (wretched to weak). Anyone else seen this happen?
it happens all the time mrb all players receive training in what you train so if they are near to popping then they pop even if they dont play the position you train.
Yes but twice in two weeks? Levelling in defending takes a minimum of 8/9 weeks after the previous levelling and that's for a 17yo. None of my midfielders have ever levelled in defending.

Oh well, won't complain, if he keeps it up he'll be divine by next season!

I blame the Gods of Hattrick, according to the site only players playing in the positions that training effects will get training. But i guess that the others do get some minimal form of training but to pop twice in a fortnight is indeed strange and is the work of the Gods. The Gods work in mysterious ways, remember they are Swedish after all.
laugh.gif

Won 6-2 away with Carlos getting his 4rd Brace of the season. Rochford stay 3rd.

My original Star Striker is up for sale for 22K now I have Carlos

José Magallanes (28009650) [Add this player to your bookmarks]
30 years, poor form, healthy
I speak Español!

A nasty fellow who is calm and infamous.
Has poor experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Powerful

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 590
Wage: 427 £/week
Owner: Rochford FC
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: inadequate Defending: weak
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: passable

Career Goals: 34
Career Hattricks: 4