• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Haye vs Fury

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
No surprise that David Haye has got an injury. The fight has no been postponed. I honestly thing that Tyson Fury was going to destroy David Haye. Think Haye actually thinks he's a lot better than he is. He got found out when he fought Klitschko and I think the same will happen if and when this fight eventually happens.

I am gutted as I was really looking forward to this fight.

Judging by the horrendous looking cut he has on the pictures from sky sports I'd say this one is genuine. And for what it's worth I reckon Haye will knock the chump out in less than 4 rounds next time .

Judging by the horrendous looking cut he has on the pictures from sky sports I'd say this one is genuine. And for what it's worth I reckon Haye will knock the chump out in less than 4 rounds next time .

Looks nasty but suppose that was going to happen when you spar with a 6ft 6 Croatian. I seriously think Fury is going to beat Haye.

I like yourself am gutted about the cancellation as we are not too inundated with top domestic match ups at the moment. I am seriously looking forward to Froch v Groves though. The cobra will strike him down.

Froch is on fire at the moment. I hear rumours that Mayweather is talking about a fight with Amir Kahn. Is it really worth it?

It's just all about the money for 'Money Mayweather' now. He is several leagues above old glass jaw kahn even at his advancing years. Is there really anyone out there who could seriously pose a threat to Mayweather? I can't see it myself. Anthony Joshua is another fighter who I am following with great interest also.

It's just all about the money for 'Money Mayweather' now. He is several leagues above old glass jaw kahn even at his advancing years. Is there really anyone out there who could seriously pose a threat to Mayweather? I can't see it myself. Anthony Joshua is another fighter who I am following with great interest also.

Manny Pacquiao!

Manny Pacquiao!

Manny Pacquiao is in his decline, where Mayweather is still improving with age. His performance against Canelo was one of, if not his best to date. Mayweather would comfortably outpoint Pacquiao. Not that their respective promoters would ever manage to get an agreeable (to both parties) contract on the table. Sadly, it's a fight that will never happen.

Incidentally, and it really grates me to have to say it, as I despise the man; but Amir Khan is probably the best fight for Mayweather, in terms of a challenge anyway. Mayweather has already stated he wants to fight in the UK, so Khan despite his recent form, is the biggest name he could fight here.

As demonstrated by Alvarez, power is not enough to trouble Mayweather, he knew this, and tried to mix troubling Mayweather with the occassional flurry of punching, with boxing on the back foot (mayweathers speciality), and simply didn't have the hand speed, or defence to trouble Mayweather. However, the one attribute Khan does have is speed, and this is probably the best form of attack when facing Mayweather. Khan's ability to get in, release a combination of punches and get out quickly has the potential to trouble Mayweather, where stronger, and arguably more talented boxers than Khan would struggle. Of course, there is the major flaw in his chin, and his arrogance in his belief he has the ability to stand and trade (cruelly exposed by Danny Garcia). Sadly, as it really does pain me to say it, Khan probably has a better chance than most against The Money, providing of course, he gets past the only fighter more annoying than Khan in the Welterweight division, Devon Alexander in December.

Going back to Fury Haye, it genuinely surprises me that people believe Fury will 'smash' Haye. Sure he has a punchers chance, it's the heavyweight division after all - although, having watched Fury's career progress, he's never really been a big hitter, odd for someone of his size. Fury has no fighter's of note on his CV, he laboured past Chisora, got up from the canvas against Cunningham, and has a CV full of fighters in the twilight of their careers, Martin Rogan, a Prizefighter loser (against Fraudly Harrison) an example; all cherrypicked to boost his win-and-0 record. Haye, has fought the best at Cruiserweight and Heavyweight, travelling away from his home comforts to do so. He has blistering speed for this level, and is a feared banger in the division. Fury, knows he is likely to lose his, 0, which is why he stalled on the fight initially, but the realisation that Haye is the biggest payday in the heavyweight division at present, and being young enough to rebuild his career after a bank boosting loss, decided it was worth the risk. It's also why he has, after his initial and rather predictable public childish strop, again backtracked and said they want the fight still. It will still happen, there's too much money for it not too, and Haye will win, and it will be by KO. (I'll now patiently wait for GBJ to wade in and contradict me).

Manny Pacquiao is in his decline, where Mayweather is still improving with age. His performance against Canelo was one of, if not his best to date. Mayweather would comfortably outpoint Pacquiao. Not that their respective promoters would ever manage to get an agreeable (to both parties) contract on the table. Sadly, it's a fight that will never happen.

Incidentally, and it really grates me to have to say it, as I despise the man; but Amir Khan is probably the best fight for Mayweather, in terms of a challenge anyway. Mayweather has already stated he wants to fight in the UK, so Khan despite his recent form, is the biggest name he could fight here.

As demonstrated by Alvarez, power is not enough to trouble Mayweather, he knew this, and tried to mix troubling Mayweather with the occassional flurry of punching, with boxing on the back foot (mayweathers speciality), and simply didn't have the hand speed, or defence to trouble Mayweather. However, the one attribute Khan does have is speed, and this is probably the best form of attack when facing Mayweather. Khan's ability to get in, release a combination of punches and get out quickly has the potential to trouble Mayweather, where stronger, and arguably more talented boxers than Khan would struggle. Of course, there is the major flaw in his chin, and his arrogance in his belief he has the ability to stand and trade (cruelly exposed by Danny Garcia). Sadly, as it really does pain me to say it, Khan probably has a better chance than most against The Money, providing of course, he gets past the only fighter more annoying than Khan in the Welterweight division, Devon Alexander in December.

Going back to Fury Haye, it genuinely surprises me that people believe Fury will 'smash' Haye. Sure he has a punchers chance, it's the heavyweight division after all - although, having watched Fury's career progress, he's never really been a big hitter, odd for someone of his size. Fury has no fighter's of note on his CV, he laboured past Chisora, got up from the canvas against Cunningham, and has a CV full of fighters in the twilight of their careers, Martin Rogan, a Prizefighter loser (against Fraudly Harrison) an example; all cherrypicked to boost his win-and-0 record. Haye, has fought the best at Cruiserweight and Heavyweight, travelling away from his home comforts to do so. He has blistering speed for this level, and is a feared banger in the division. Fury, knows he is likely to lose his, 0, which is why he stalled on the fight initially, but the realisation that Haye is the biggest payday in the heavyweight division at present, and being young enough to rebuild his career after a bank boosting loss, decided it was worth the risk. It's also why he has, after his initial and rather predictable public childish strop, again backtracked and said they want the fight still. It will still happen, there's too much money for it not too, and Haye will win, and it will be by KO. (I'll now patiently wait for GBJ to wade in and contradict me).

Well that didn't take long, Mrs Blue_Wes would beg to differ, but it seems I was right.

http://www.hayemaker.com/news/

I don't think Fury will 'smash' Haye I just think he will put up a good fight and be found out as not as good as he thinks he is.

I don't think Fury will 'smash' Haye I just think he will put up a good fight and be found out as not as good as he thinks he is.

No surprise that David Haye has got an injury. The fight has no been postponed. I honestly thing that Tyson Fury was going to destroy David Haye. Think Haye actually thinks he's a lot better than he is. He got found out when he fought Klitschko and I think the same will happen if and when this fight eventually happens.

:unsure:

I think the best thing Tyson Fury has got going for him is his name.

Great name; ploddy fighter.

I took your 'destroy Haye' literally.

Another thing that strikes me about Fury, is I actually think he's afraid in the ring. The way he boxes, the fact he fails to bully opponents, and all the unnessecary bluster, I genuinely think he's afraid, and the lack of killer instinct will be a big part of him being found out as he attempts to move up a level.

:unsure:

I think the best thing Tyson Fury has got going for him is his name.

Great name; ploddy fighter.

Whoops! Lol I meant in the sense that he will destroy his name and reputation not a Haye vs Harrison display. Just think he will beat Haye and be destroyed reputation wise.

I took your 'destroy Haye' literally.

Another thing that strikes me about Fury, is I actually think he's afraid in the ring. The way he boxes, the facts he fails to bully opponents, and all the unnessecary bluster, I genuinely think he's afraid, and the lack of killer instinct will be a big part of him being found out as he attempts to move up a level.

I'm not very good with my boxing predictions. I love the sport and watch a lot of fights but I also thought that Audley Harrison was going to surprise us all and put up a good fight against Haye.

I think Mayweather wants to set the live attendance record for a fight, doesn't he? One of the best places to do so I imagine would be against Khan in Wembley Stadium.

I think Mayweather wants to set the live attendance record for a fight, doesn't he? One of the best places to do so I imagine would be against Khan in Wembley Stadium.

What is the current record?

What is the current record?

Wouldn't be possible at Wembley, Julio Cesar Chavez around 130k+ in Mexico.

Mayweather already holds the highest grossing fight, due to over 2 million pay per views subscriptions against Oscar De La Hoya.

What sort of venue would he need to be able to top that? Because that is a pretty impressive number.

What sort of venue would he need to be able to top that? Because that is a pretty impressive number.

Well the largest stadium in the world is the Rungnado May Day stadium, but that's in North Korea, so a massive no go.

The Estadio Azteca (Where Chavez fought in front of 130,000 mexicans) only holds 105,000. I guess some sort of standing capacity, or on pitch seating was arranged to make up the rest. Wembley's capacity can raise to 105,000 for concerts through standing capacity added to the 90,000 seats.

Had Mayweather fought Canelo at the Azteca, then he could of pushed 100k, as Canelo's status there is massive (although not on Chavez's level) and the Mexicans are notoriously fanatical about their sporting heroes, boxers expecially. As it was, even in Mayweather's 'home town' of Vegas, his fans were vastly outnumbered by Canelo's. The problem Mayweather has, is he earns fortunes through pay per view subsricptions and contracts with the providers - so for him, he's financially better off, to play out in a small venue like the MGM grand where the tickets go for a massive premium, and the majority watch on television, as opposed to a huge sold out venue with sold out low priced tickets, as would be the case in Mexico.

As an aside, for those of you with a square ring shaped hole in your weekend, try and stay up for, or at least SKY+ Adonis Stevenson and Tavouris Cloud. Both big bangers, with Stevenson defending his Light Heavyweight and The RIng Magazine titles. Cloud, only having one defeat (to Bernard Hopkins) as does Stevenson. For a preview of Stevenson's punching power, see his last fight where he won his WBC title from Chad Dawson (who took the title from Hopkins) with a one punch 1st round knockout. Sensational punch, and a hilarious over the top celebration afterwards. It'll be definitely worth a watch, and I can't see it going the distance either.

Back