• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Heath and White in

(Initially) one month loan.

BLUES MAKE DOUBLE LOAN SIGNING
Posted on: Thu 30 Jul 2009

Southend United have this morning completed the loan signings of Colchester United defenders Matt Heath and John White.

The defensive pair have moved to Roots Hall on loan from Blues north Essex rivals initially for one month.

27-year-old Heath, a 6' 4" central defender, has made 22 appearances for Colchester during two spells with the U's.

The former Leicester and Coventry defender moved to the Weston Homes Community Stadium from Leeds United last season having previously enjoyed a loan spell there from the Whites in 2008.

Heath is joined in Southend by his U's teammate John White.

White, 23, can operate in both full-back berths and progressed through Colchester's youth set-up.

Ah well, its a start... more loans though...

John White lives on the same estate as me :)

From ColU OS

Defensive duo Matt Heath and John White have headed south on Thursday morning, to join Essex neighbours Southend United on a month's loan.

Centre half Heath and full back White travelled to Roots Hall to sign their paperwork on Thursday, ahead of training with their new team-mates.

The deal for both players are initially for a month until August 30th, but can be extended if both clubs so desire.

Both players found their chances relatively restricted last season and head to the Shrimpers knowing that there are six games in August for them to get first team football under their belts.

The moves will be completed subject to relevant paperwork clearance from the footballing authorities.

Last edited:
At least we can field a team now.

Better brace ourselves for the abuse from the sheepshagging fraternity.

that feels slightly embarassing somehow...
anyone know if these guys are any good? (im taking it not good enough to get in scums first team)

What self-respecting Colchester player would want to join Southend? All very odd to me!

that feels slightly embarassing somehow...
anyone know if these guys are any good? (im taking it not good enough to get in scums first team)

Matt Heath in particular has perdigree - Coventry, Leicester, Leeds - quite experienced (28) and 6ft +

White is a right back (interesting considering we have Franno and Osei).

Did they play against us last year? I don't remember them, because I try not to look in the direction of Col U scum for longer than a split second or two.

Now I am one of the eternal optimists on here, but signing 2 defenders who could not get in the Col U team last season does smell of PANIC.

Back