• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Heath and White in

On the brighter side if somebody had said in the Court Hearing thread yesterday that by this morning we would have signed a tall, experienced centre back and a good(?) right back on loan who would have complained?

Heath is a decent signing but White is a right back. Are we going to have square pegs in round holes again? hopefully Saah will sign and he will play with Heath in the middle and Barrett at left back.

Nope it was Garry Richards......

Ah yes.....I wouldn't mind him back to be fair! At that time though they were (sadly) a division above us and so he was stepping down to play for us. This just seems a bit....meh....

Neither are bad players at all, so I'm happy enough with this. I couldn't care less they come from Colchester - they'll be wearing our shirts for a month and so they'll get my support.

As much as I hate colchester (and I do, alot), that's a fans thing. To the players it's a job, to the club it's business. The past is past, if they do a good job for us I couldn't give a toss who they used to play for, the present is what matters.

Now let's get on and sign some permenants by the close of the transfer window. Possibly starting with Saah.

Also if Barrett is fit for Hudders, then the defense could look like this...

Francis - Barrett - Heath - Herd/White.

Not too shabby imho.

Nope it was Garry Richards......

Not a good example when we've jus signed another tall centre back!
He better be much better than Richards!
I think we still need to sign Saah and then hopefully this deal will allow us to get this young Premiership centre back in late August or sign someone else permanently later on in the window!

Heath is a decent signing but White is a right back. Are we going to have square pegs in round holes again? hopefully Saah will sign and he will play with Heath in the middle and Barrett at left back.

I think White can play left back as well. Not ideal but at least he provides cover.

Heath is a decent signing, I'm surprised he wasn't getting games at Col Ewe... he's got premiership experience and is only 28. He's big and got a lot of appearances at a higher division. If he's fit and healthy and determined then he could be an excellent signing

Last edited:
Quote from Ewes board:

"As i have been banned (without ever making a post may i add) from posting on shrimperzone, and know they are reading, i just want to let them know that they arent getting 2 duffers. they are perfectly good league one players, and more victims of circumstance (lambert) than anything else"

Heath sounds like a good player so I'm hoping this means Tilly has someone lined up permanently/better on loan and that's why it's only a 1 month deal with the option to add another month

Will be interesting to see if the pair of them respond to the "Do you hate Col Ewe" chants...

I'm thinking that things might go a bit quiet on the transfer front now. I would imagine they are going to wait for this premiership defender to become available.

I'm pretty chuffed with the Heath signing, to be honest. Just disappointed that it's not more long term than just a month.

Info from a couple of my Col Ewe acquaintances:

White is a crowd favourite with many, but may be as much as anything because he is a local boy. Certainly been lots of arguments on the message-boards about why he is being frozen out - but his brother is one of the people who always stokes up the discussions!
Has developed his attacking role recently, but still tends to get beaten too often for a full back for my liking. He was a regular at full back (both sides) in our promotion season (ok, I know we were only second) and played left back at Chelsea in FA Cup.

Heath - needs an organiser alongside him, tends to drift out of position and can get out-muscled. Hasn't really been given many chances by our recent managers - was probably 3rd or 4th choice centre back only for us last season.

Overall, White will probably do a job, Heath might be a little bit less convincing - imho of course!

Wow.... good players, didnt see that one coming! Previously first team regulars, but with the latest purchases they seem to have fallen out of favour with the manager.

Heath does get himself out of position far too much, but with someone organising him and keeping him where he should be he'll do a good job. White is a player who can be frustratingly good and frustratingly bad, and perhaps suffers sometimes from "greg halford- esque" tendencies, ie thinking he's better than he actually is. Is a player who prob will never quite make it, playing for us, as perhaps is a bit too slight for a defender... as Graham says though he doesn get forward a lot, which is a strength.
Given the chance, and if their heads are right, they will do well. Would be sorry to see White leave, but as i say hes prob never going to quite make it with us.

Heath seems a good signing but the fact they´re both just for a month suggests that they´re emergency buys whilst Tilson continues to look for permanent signings.

Wasn't Heath the player who got roasted by Laurent constantly for the first 20 minutes against the scum, until he got hauled off?

Back