• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Heath & White off

TBH i'm not that fussed about Heath. He wasn't THAT good.

I thought White was fairly decent. At least now Herd and Hello Moto will get a chance

I hope we have some other loanees in mind. I wouldn't like to think we would go into the rest of this season with no backup in defensive positions. This leaves us very thin on the ground with the prospect of Mvoto and Sawyer returning in January.

Also, have heard that Revs is to go out on loan somewhere. Against player and management's wishes.

Also, have heard that Revs is to go out on loan somewhere. Against player and management's wishes.

So who's wishes are they? Uncle Rons?

I would like us to sign Heath permanently but can't see it happenning, White wasn't really worth signing in my opinion, I would rather we did what has been mentioned before on here and sign an experienced, older left back like Chrissy Powell and rotate him and Johnny Herd, neither could play every game in a season yet so it's split up and Herdy would learn from the older left back.

I have a bad feeling that Sankofa will come into the reckoning in the centre meaning Barrett back at left back

Was it Hartlepool who he played there against at home last season? He was awful, his heading was awful, positioning was poor, just awful overall.

However he could go in at right back meaning Franno and Hello Moto in the middle and Barrett at left back? Not ideal, but a solution

I wouldnt be too bothered if we didn't actually sign a left back if we got another centre back in I'd be happy with that as we all know Barrett can play LB and of course we have Herd coming through so dont want to push him down the pecking order as when played last season I dont think he put a foot wrong, I appreciate at his age he won't be playing every game of the season.

We need another CB as a minimun. I appreciate there are no funds for signings, in fact I'm resigned to that fact. However, we need to bring a CB in on loan at least. If M'voto or Barrett get injured we are in the cack. We lose Barrett for a few games and we have no cover at CB or LB. I can see the word threadbare being bandied around quite often in the coming months

That's not quite what I understand the situation to have been at all, so I don't know where you heard that from. Now he's in the team you can probably forget that happening for the time being anyway.

Just me then that isn't all that fussed by these two going back then? I was impressed enough with Heath, but it's becoming beyond obvious that no matter how he plays Tilly will never drop Barrett. Therefore I'd rather someone like M'Voto was there to cover for Barrett's style of play/mistakes. Where as I've made my opinions on White known on here. Poor positional sense, too many concentration lapses, no attacking quality whatsoever and a left foot that he rarely even uses to stand on. I'd rather Barrett played out there and that's saying something. I'd say there's a decent chance of Herd going out on loan before Tuesday, so it's imperative we get a left back in. Daniel Jones please Mr Ron. He's two signings in one as he could give us an option on the left of midfield as well.

Said yesterday, White's body language at the end of the game when he came over to us yesterday wasn't that of someone looking forward to going back. Heath also came over at the end despite not playing to clap the fans. Like them both.

Said yesterday, White's body language at the end of the game when he came over to us yesterday wasn't that of someone looking forward to going back. Heath also came over at the end despite not playing to clap the fans. Like them both.

I thought they were both more than capable of doing a job at this level, we could do far worse, Can understand Col U's decision to have them back as the new manager will want to look at everyone.

I'd say there's a decent chance of Herd going out on loan before Tuesday, so it's imperative we get a left back in. Daniel Jones please Mr Ron. He's two signings in one as he could give us an option on the left of midfield as well.
Jones would be an inspirational signing but I'd be shocked if it happened.

Whatever, as you rightly say, getting a new left-back in is an absolute must. Herd, at the moment, would be the obvious replacement for White but it seems like he's not currently in Tilly's plans, for whatever reason. Besides, throwing him straight into the team, having had zero action so far, might be too big a risk anyway.

Defensively we've been already been a shambles so far so the last thing we need is another radical re-shuffle, yet it looks like it might happen without any further activity before Friday. At the moment, something along the lines of Francis LB, Barrett and Mvoto in the centre and Sankofa at RB looks a very real possibility. Tilly has a lot of work to do.

Daniel Jones please Mr Ron. He's two signings in one as he could give us an option on the left of midfield as well.

Always liked him since I saw him play at Northampton a few years ago. Would be a good signing.

After watching Col U vs Leeds on Saturday, im not that suprised that they have been recalled. Col U were lacking at the back and the winning goal should had been dealt with without much problem.

We are the only team in League 1 that hasn't signed anyone.
Come on Tilly we need a left back

The Bluebelles also clap and cheer. I think we should sign them all to ten year contracts as well.

Back