• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

stan collymore

Stanley Victor Collymore
Hey everyone,

Been a long time since I posted on here, and I've a confession to make.

In the darkest of days before I managed to start broadcasting and making a second career after football, to be honest there were well documented times when I didn't feel I was going to be around much longer.

So coming on SZ, remembering happy times, simple times too without the fanfare, the circus and the hype, often very late in the night ( I didn't have a job!!), more than kept me going.

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, even on a partisan Southend forum, but at least people were kind enough here to speak honestly, and appreciate some of my posts about the club.

Southend United reminds me daily of what the essence of football is, and is sadly lost forever seemingly in the Premier League, namely community spirit, pride, fun and genuine appreciation over expectation, and to me that means the world and always will.

I don't get down enough to Roots Hall, and I really should at least pop for a drink in my own bar! To everyone on the forum, it was one of the happiest periods of my life so far to play for your club, so wanted to thank you for the continued support I get from Shimpers on social media, and I'll always be extremely proud to be a Shrimper.

Good luck for the season, hope I live to see us do a Bournemouth someday.

Stan

Thanks, Stan.

It's nice to know that you still remember your time here as fondly as many of us do.
You are/were one of the most exciting footballers it has been my pleasure to watch in a Shrimpers shirt.

You'd be welcome for a pint anytime; don't think you'd have to put your hand in your pocket :winking:

Nice one Stan.

Half a season but a lifetime of memories.

Thanks.

You won't find many people on here who have a poor opinion of you. Comfortably the most talented player to wear our shirt.

Thanks Stan. Shrimper legend and always welcome on here... If it is really you. I hope so cause that would be pretty cool. I second Beefy, get your boots on mate.

Stan how do you feel about playing as a lone striker having the ball hoofed at your face being told to score 20 goals a season?

Thanks Stan. Shrimper legend and always welcome on here... If it is really you. I hope so cause that would be pretty cool. I second Beefy, get your boots on mate.

It is Stan. He has posted on here a few times over the years and it has been confirmed it is him.

Great stuff, Stan.

Definitely get a pint from me, if only for those two incredible goals in that home game against Bristol Rovers.

I thought the second one was going to take the goalframe, net and half the North Bank with it!

So glad I got the chance to watch Stan when he turned out for Southend. From the very first game it was obvious we had discovered a gem. A shame it did not last longer but we could not turn down the millions we got offered. To this day I still remember just how fantastic a player he was.

I've said it before. Your last game was my first .

Wish I'd seen a lot more of you.

Always be welcome at roots hall

So it's early morning, I'm having a cup of tea and thinking, 'I wonder what's on SZ since yesterday?'. Thank you Stan for starting my day off perfectly with a great post from a SUFC legend and not one poster having a moan as a result.

Stan,

Only seen you play on telly but you were the business at times,however your media work is top drawer.

Keep on keeping on.

Now Stanley we need an attacking coach,get your arse down here and sort this goal shy mob out:Worthy:

Never got to see you in the flesh at the hall mate as was before my time(as a shrimper) but seen many videos. Good to see you remember the little guys like us.

Now down to business... Any chance of you getting the boots back on for a season? We're struggling up top a tad at the moment.

Good of you to pop in Stan, never had the privilege to see you play live as your time at Roots Hall coincided with a time when I was playing happy families with my ex. You'll always be held in high affection here because you were probably the most exciting player to ever pull in a Blues' shirt, sounds as if the affection is on both sides. You'd be welcome in the Shrimpers any time, and I guarantee you wouldn't have to put your hand in your pocket!

Back