• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benny

Looking forward to our clash on Saturday.

The "acceptable face of Essex" are always welcome at Adams Park. Pleased to see you have overcome your off-field problems and are still fighting. There for the grace of God and all that...

Any news on the fitness of Anthony Grant? He is well thought of here in Buckinghamshire. Also, Barry Corr does seem to like scoring against us. Hope he is going to rest his knee this weekend so it gets better.

Some older Shrimpers might even recall this previous meeting - http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=240917

Really looking for to it.

Not too fussed about 'spoiling the party', just want a decent game and a good atmosphere.

Best of luck with your battle for promotion! Hope the Blue boys (pink?) don't roll over and gift you it however. UTB!

Adams Park has suffered for atmosphere since we build the two-tier Woodlands stand in 1996. Given that we'll have over 3,000 fairweathers and 4,000 very nervous regulars I am expecting the travelling Shrimpers to out-sing us again!

We are used it to it and to be honest, you can win that battle as long as we win the one on the pitch.

Although I personally shall be joining in any anti-Colchester United songs that are being sung!

I hope for good game, atmosphere and goals feast too and a nice hot weather to boot - if we wanted the game more than WWFC, then we have a chance, but Wycombe have the edge as they need the 3 point so bad, to ensure promotion back to League 1 (hope we can do the same in 2011/12!!)

No offence Benny, but i didnt read the match report you included, but i do remember what appeared a drubbing for our boys .. if my memory serves me correctly we actually battered you for the majority of the game (your keeper was man of the match) yet everytime you attacked you seemed to score

I'll end by giving you the words to a little ditty which you may hear on Saturday (there are a few variations as to the exact lyrics, but these fit best i believe)

When i was .. a little boy
My mother bought me a brand new toy
A Col Ewe fan on a piece of string
She told me to kicking his flipping* head in
Flipping head in, flipping head in
She told me to kicking his flipping head in

Edited to be forum friendly, obviously

Adams Park has suffered for atmosphere since we build the two-tier Woodlands stand in 1996. Given that we'll have over 3,000 fairweathers and 4,000 very nervous regulars I am expecting the travelling Shrimpers to out-sing us again!

We are used it to it and to be honest, you can win that battle as long as we win the one on the pitch.

Although I personally shall be joining in any anti-Colchester United songs that are being sung!

:raspberry:

Back