• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Help please!

MK Shrimper

Striker
Peeps,

Me & the future Mrs C are coming down for the game on the 17th and are going out with mates in the evening. We were planning to go to the Chichester(?) but it's all booked up. Anyone know any similar venues in the area for drinks/food/boogie?

Ta in advance.

Chichester in Wickford ??

I presume you'd be driving over there in which case why not head further afield to somewhere like The Hawk (??) in Battlesbridge

Chichester in Wickford ??

I presume you'd be driving over there in which case why not head further afield to somewhere like The Hawk (??) in Battlesbridge

The Hawk is ok but doubt it is up to MKs standards for food although its not too bad. Service is a bit slow aswell. And no boogy-ing there i dont think.

For a meal its fine, for a night out its not really the thing and there is nothing else in Battlesbridge after the meal, well apart from the other pub whose name escapes me. Unless ofcourse you like Antiques (which will probably be closed) or you like the river :unsure:

The Hawk is ok but doubt it is up to MKs standards for food although its not too bad. Service is a bit slow aswell. And no boogy-ing there i dont think.

For a meal its fine, for a night out its not really the thing and there is nothing else in Battlesbridge after the meal, well apart from the other pub whose name escapes me. Unless ofcourse you like Antiques (which will probably be closed) or you like the river :unsure:

The Barge in Battlesbridge is supoosed to be a bit of a gastropub.

If you fancy a doner, 'Southern' fried chicken or one of those massive burgers with bacon and a fried egg in after the pub shuts the Battlesbridge is probally a no go.

I'm not sure if the Pink Toothbrush still has a burger vending machine but that might be worth a punt. If not you can't miss Daryls burger van in Websters Way car park because it is lit up like Las vegas.

Last edited:

I failed to notice the bit about the boogie initially

Besides seeing MK dance would be enough to put everyone off their food

Back