• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlvisIII

Coach
Looking for some advice from people that know Soutthend. Getting married in May and wanting to coincide my stag do with a visit to the Blues Lounge and a game. Although a blues fan for 20+ years, never been out on the lash in Southend and looking for ideas of where to go out Friday and Saturday. Will have about 15 friends so this is an issue, don't particulalry want a mass brawl and would like music as general as poss to suit the masses. If anyone could help with a few ideas I would appreciate it.

Cheers

don't go to southend
tounge.gif

what can i suggest erm.. churchills?

Avoid Southend unless you want to be interrogated on entry to just about every drinking establishment by some jumped-up jobsworth in a dinner jacket; be crammed inside somewhere with barely room to breath whilst queuing for half-an-hour or more to pay over-the-odds for a simple drink which the brain-dead bar-staff will have got wrong anyway; get offered out by drunken 19-year-olds who can't hold their drink and therefore think they're some all-time ultimate fighting champion ... need I go on?

WS

Don't get married it'll save you a lot of heartache.
laugh.gif

You may think you're in control now but as soon as that ring's on the finger life changes.

Seeing as that advice always falls on deaf ears if you are going to have a few bevvies I'd steer clear of Southend by a very wide margin.

I would echo the sentiments of JS.

I too never go out in Southend for good reason. Full of townies who can't take their drink and feel the need to pick fights, a lack of decent musical choice (unless you like garage you may as well forget it), a shortage of decent original venues and generally one of the worst towns to have a night out in my opinion.

Preparing to get shouted down...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AllAtSea @ Sep. 13 2004,00:14)]I would echo the sentiments of JS.

Preparing to get shouted down...  
tounge.gif
Not by me. And I bet not by many people.

Anyway, I much prefer a night out in Jávea these days. Warm evenings next to a gentle sea, great venues with decent music for all tastes ... I think Olvis III should spend the weekend here instead!

WS

wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back