• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How about a no music on the tannoy day?

You know, let the atmosphere build naturally and give those in the stands a fair chance to get a song or two going before the game without having to compete against the tannoy.

I totally agree. Especially 2-3 mins before kick-off. TBV get drowned out.

The club could even try and market it on social media as a special no tannoy day and encourage people to get into the ground early to make some noise.

No music, no whipping the crowd up - just use the tannoy to announce the line-ups and subs.

The club could even try and market it on social media as a special no tannoy day and encourage people to get into the ground early to make some noise.

Why anyone would particularly want to "make some noise" before the match starts escapes me, however "no tannoy" would give a chance of conversation. No tannoy or not annoy ?

Why anyone would particularly want to "make some noise" before the match starts escapes me, however "no tannoy" would give a chance of conversation. No tannoy or not annoy ?

You surprise me Mick.

I definitely had you down as one who lives life with such a grin on your face that you're ready to burst into exuberant song at the drop of a hat.

Definitely get rid of Hey Baby. Or preferably all goal music.

Was at Middlesboro on Saturday and they used this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ces2vARdj9w It came across well.

Having seen Thirty Seconds to Mars perform it live I certainly think it works as a rousing anthem, just need to pick out the chorus bit in a medley with other stuff. Should get at least two clapping along to it in the East Stand :smile:

That is a mega song, if theres a vote in future, i pick this one

Hey Baby is so embarrassing. Seven Nation Army is so good when played when Bayern Munich score. Slightly heavier version too, the fans really get behind it. We sing that tune already and I do really think you need a song that not only gets you going after you score but also keeps you going after the celebrations, Seven Nation Army does this. Hey Baby just kills all atmosphere!

I've always thought Chopin's Piano Sonata No2 (3rd movement) in B flat minor quite appropriate, but I doubt whether it would be used....

Yes. I agree, turn those damm tannoys of 15 mins before kick of, just let the crowd sing instead.

I remember as a kid walking up to the ground and hearing the home fans singing well before kick of, and all i wanted to do was to get into the ground and start singing as well, it was fantastic.

Bring back those days, the kids of today, really don't know what they were missing.
Let us sing instead, and can also the east stand start singing as well, that would really make for a good atmosphere,
Roots hall can really Rock, when everyone is going.

But yes, just try it a few times without the tannoys.

Snr.

I struggle to see how the choice of music before a game is going to improve the atmosphere in any way.

How about we go for the third goal and have a bloody good go at ripping the opposition apart . This may get everyone excited and create an atmosphere :omg:

How about we go for the third goal and have a bloody good go at ripping the opposition apart . This may get everyone excited and create an atmosphere :omg:

Yes but there isn't a need to mention the 3rd goal, you just need to mention the 'clean sheet mentality'

Back