• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Henry Allingham

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
The whole Rememberance Service at the Cenotaph always chokes me, seeing all those regiments walking past, old boys (and girls) defying their age to march proudly.

yes i agree I feel very strongly about using today to remember so many brave brave men and woman who a have done somehing I would never ever have the bollocks and mental ability to do and thats to serve for my country miles and miles from home and loved ones, and then of course to actual have your life taken fighting

very brave people, I took my little boy for a walk along the cliffs this morning he had his poppy on his pram, and its days like to day which make me proud to be brought up british its very few days you can ever say that, and I will probably be shouted down but yes alot of very respectful people all paying there respects good honest respectful himans it was a nice morning

yes i agree I feel very strongly about using today to remember so many brave brave men and woman who a have done somehing I would never ever have the bollocks and mental ability to do and thats to serve for my country miles and miles from home and loved ones, and then of course to actual have your life taken fighting

very brave people, I took my little boy for a walk along the cliffs this morning he had his poppy on his pram, and its days like to day which make me proud to be brought up british its very few days you can ever say that, and I will probably be shouted down but yes alot of very respectful people all paying there respects good honest respectful himans it was a nice morning

I salute that!

Why should you think you'll be shouted down? Absolutely nothing wrong with feeling proud and patriotic on a day like today. I remember once carrying the District Colours for the Guides in a Rememberance Day service down at the Southend cenotaph, felt very proud that day, and always feel very humble when they interview some of the survivors and you hear what they went through.

Have to say, there's a fantastic bit in the middle of the NotW today, telling the story of one family, where they lost all three sons during WW1 - the youngest of whom was awarded the VC.

Last edited:
Back