• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For thoes that travled

What did Dailly bring to the squad .Folk on hear moaned that he is 38. Now you who saw him play first hand has the man got what I beleve is the quality to steady the ship and the passing ability to aid our promotion push .

How can praising a club record achievement be looking at a fact through 'rose tinted glasses'?

ODB wears them permanently.

I think 39 goals is amazing, don't get me wrong, and I think a record broken, but that's all ODB was looking at. Our defence seems to be very wobbly at the moment and that is a worry from my point of view. We are 4 unbeaten, that cant be denied but we should have had 12 points from the last 4 games rather than 8 and thats down to our defence.

What did Dailly bring to the squad .Folk on hear moaned that he is 38. Now you who saw him play first hand has the man got what I beleve is the quality to steady the ship and the passing ability to aid our promotion push .

I didn't go but already knew what Dailly is about

I think 39 goals is amazing, don't get me wrong, and I think a record broken, but that's all ODB was looking at. Our defence seems to be very wobbly at the moment and that is a worry from my point of view. We are 4 unbeaten, that cant be denied but we should have had 12 points from the last 4 games rather than 8 and thats down to our defence.

Can't really blame the defence for the point against Crawley, or the clean sheet against Burton. :stunned: I would say 2 points dropped against Accrington, and a bit of a unnecessary nervy finish yesterday, yes.

Can't really blame the defence for the point against Crawley, or the clean sheet against Burton. :stunned: I would say 2 points dropped against Accrington, and a bit of a unnecessary nervy finish yesterday, yes.

Yeah exactly. We created very little against Crawley and although I wouldn't agree with Steve Evans assessment, they were the side in the ascendancy. Given the circumstances it was a great point but you're kidding yourself if you think we deserved a win.

And yes yesterday was a bit nervy towards the end but most of the other sides around us showed nerves too. We should be thankful that our boys still came away with the 3 points whereas Cheltenham, Swindon and Shrewsbury didn't.

I do agree that OBD permanently wears rosetinted glasses but to be honest I'm glad there's people like that on here sometimes. There's definitely enough of the negative equivalent who constantly write depressing drivel when we're 3rd in the league.

Played well to be honest stayed in the middle of the park and played key passes all game long, also doubled up as another centre back near the end when we looked like conceding an equaliser :Worthy:

He did ok. However, what he will bring most is his experience and guidance. He was talking all through the game and that can mean a lot.

I went to Dagenham v Northampton on Tuesday. Northampton have signed Clarke Carlisle on loan and though he may not be the most accomplished defender, he has experience beyond League Two and spent the whole game organising. It saw a huge improvement in Northampton's defence.

...thought that goal last week for Benyon has really helped his confidence and he was the stand out player...really putting himself about and energised...unlucky not to get two. Phillips was also good and won most things in the air.

First time to Edgar Street...interesting ground to say the least.

How many times has it been said that certain players just need a little bit of luck or run of games to come up to their potential ............. so really pleased to see Benyon getting a 2nd goal in 2 games. :smile:

Last year, the announcer* was describing Edgar Street as a "stadium" ....... it just shows you how much middle class marketing rubbish there is to contend with ........... :sad:

[* I wonder if there is a "ground announcer coarse" that they all go on to learn how to say the standard, annoying phrases that plague fans up and down the country?]

2 pages in and still no ratings, did nobody go yesterday??? :smile:

Sounds like a good performance ( the last 5-10 mins aside ).
Hindsight is a great thing , but just hope people on this forum and at the game on Tuesday don't berate Sturrock if Harris is 'rested'.
Playing another game so quickly for him might be too much of an ask at his age.
He has done really well , especially with Benyon , and think he is a class act , but it might just be time to give him a breather.
As I say , hindsight is a wonderful gift and think Sturrock may be questioned whatever he does.

Jesus, I only said 'we are effective' LOL. Cheer up mate it might do you some good!

Whoever this ODB guy is he sure sounds like a helluvah chap! :finger:

But then look on the other side of the coin. If OBD gave any criticisms he'd be lambasted.

2 pages in and still no ratings, did nobody go yesterday??? :smile:

Yes, this must be the most annoying ratings thread yet .... one brief post of ratings, other than that a "discussion" about the shade of tint on OBD/ODB's glasses. Please, anyone who went to the game, how did Dailly do? Was Ferdinand back to how he was playing earlier this season? Should Prosser stay at left back? etc etc

Yes, this must be the most annoying ratings thread yet .... one brief post of ratings, other than that a "discussion" about the shade of tint on OBD/ODB's glasses. Please, anyone who went to the game, how did Dailly do? Was Ferdinand back to how he was playing earlier this season? Should Prosser stay at left back? etc etc

Agree, a ratings thread that is now into its 3rd page and there isn't a hint of ratings /10 anywhere!!!

No but i read your stupid rose tinted posts week in week out and you never see anything other than thru rose tinted glasses

Naaawh you hurt my feelings!
:winking:

Anyway yeah we are gonna win the league, we have been amazing all season, Rons great and they let you keep the bottle tops when you buy a coke in the ground, woohoo life's great!

Back