• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hey Ron - want to sell up ....?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
obviously a lot of worried fans at the moment - but should RM screw it up I am confident we could buy the club - the sums are easy -

5000 fans/investors

putting up GBP 1k

equals 5 million quid -

reckon thats a good offer for a debt laden league One club -

so if this "businessman" or any other can't handle it I reckon we can -

5000 voices, including the doom mongers like TTK and Wiggy, we'd be out of business quicker than you could say Woolworths.

nah - once he money was in my account I'd be off to Vegas ....

but seriously a fans trust could do as good a job as anyone

Sounds good in theory, but what do the fans do when they've got the club? Who do you appoint chairman, who runs it day to day, where does ongoing investment come from?

Sounds good in theory, but what do the fans do when they've got the club? Who do you appoint chairman, who runs it day to day, where does ongoing investment come from?

There are some exceptional people that are on this board, and no doubt many more that are fans that are not on here,.....I guess ultimately you would just have to elect someone and have faith in them acting for you. MtS....ever fancied running a football club? You could have Slipperduke as press officer!

That being said, in all seriousness, its the debts that are hard to service. That's why when you see clubs get bought for a £1 there are not queues of people lining up with their little gold nuggets, as you are then responsible for all the debts.

Like him or loathe him, (or be indifferent) we have to take comfort from the fact that now Ron's success or failure is now strongly linked to our own.

Last edited:
elect a board - annually - like Real Madrid - I vote for 1k - 2 votes for 2k etc.

it works for Barcelona and others -

you could even sell your voting share if you wanted to go and support Orient -

and no-one would get in free -

Last edited by a moderator:
Presumably you mean £1k a year?

Otherwise there would never be new money coming into the club. A Grand a year would be a huge commitment not many could make.

I don't mean to sound negative, it's an interesting idea and works at other clubs as you've pointed out. But it can't be as easy as you make it sound.

obviously a lot of worried fans at the moment - but should RM screw it up I am confident we could buy the club - the sums are easy -

5000 fans/investors

putting up GBP 1k

equals 5 million quid -

reckon thats a good offer for a debt laden league One club -

so if this "businessman" or any other can't handle it I reckon we can -

ok, so we buy RM out for 5m! what do you then do about the rent of roots hall or indeed where do you intend us to go when we are kicked out by sainsbury's? or even the 670k debt to hmrc?

Your problem Uncle Ron i think!

no - its a one off to buy teh club/business - after that income is from usual sources - principally season tickets -

Which means we'd carry on losing money as we are now and be up that creek without a paddle within 6 months.

Also, what do we get for our £5million? The ground, B+L, the land for FF and the retail development?

That's even if you could persuade 5000 people to part with £1000 pounds each, and RM wanted to sell.

and can you ever see 5000 agreeing on anything? A fraction of that figure can't even agree on here at times!

no - its a one off to buy teh club/business - after that income is from usual sources - principally season tickets -

As already pointed out, we're already losing money. How does this improve things? Where would money come from to buy players? If this was such a brilliant idea don't you think more clubs would be set up this way?

just loving the negativity ....

i am happy for RM or any other person to run the club - BUT should it all go tits up would seriously think that a supporters trust would be the best option -

the club belongs to its supporters anyway - the season ticket holders keep the club viable every year with their investment -

voting in a board/chairman is probably a better option than trusting a random capitalist -

"brilliant idea don't you think more clubs would be set up this way"
Barcelona and Real Madrid do Ok like this - over here Exeter and Chester I think -

"Also, what do we get for our £5million? The ground, B+L, the land for FF and the retail development?"

you get a football club - principal assetts the players - but also teh brand, a place in teh foot ball league, teh club shopa nd revenue streams, etc tec tec -

hey ho - the thing is i don't really like the victim stance - the theres "nothing we can do" - altho i would rather just pay my 20 quid and have no more worries -

and at teh enbd of the day football is a cash rich business and probably SUFC is teh best thing that has ever happened to RM - especially given teh state of his other businesses -

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically unless anyone buying the club were to buy MD's share of SEL the club would be worse off than they are now, as , currently, SEL or not requesting the rent on either RH or B&L. Were SEL to effectively become independant of the club I would imagine they they would want payment.

I did actually approach Ron on this very subject, stating that I would be willing to put my life savings of £ 48.92 into the club. He gratefully accepted my offer.

I then asked what position I could take up, and he told that I could be the clubs sexual adviser.

I said "Sexual adviser, what do you mean?"

He said "When we want your ****ing advice we'll ask for it"

Back