• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
evening all,was up in the loft,looking at my old sufc stuff,found the sufc handbook 1971-72..on page 74..is a picture of a younger Nobbler(does not change much), with a few of our older mates,,Mick.B..(great lad,helped me out many a time)..hippie(hippy).Roger.C.--Nobbler(we know)..Graham (went with him to a few away games in his ford anglia) & Collin,did not really know him..what happened to "our" mates, where are they now??? would be nice to know..also on page 54, is a young "me"3rd from left,(hands on knees)..Brother Grimms coach.bournemouth away i think..im showing off my Uncle Pauls "hushpuppies", which i "borrowed" that saturday morning,when he slept, after he had a "few " in the elms pub friday night

evening all,was up in the loft,looking at my old sufc stuff,found the sufc handbook 1971-72..on page 74..is a picture of a younger Nobbler(does not change much), with a few of our older mates,,Mick.B..(great lad,helped me out many a time)..hippie(hippy).Roger.C.--Nobbler(we know)..Graham (went with him to a few away games in his ford anglia) & Collin,did not really know him..what happened to "our" mates, where are they now??? would be nice to know..also on page 54, is a young "me"3rd from left,(hands on knees)..Brother Grimms coach.bournemouth away i think..im showing off my Uncle Pauls "hushpuppies", which i "borrowed" that saturday morning,when he slept, after he had a "few " in the elms pub friday night
Hi Ozzie, Not sure about Mick B, but can tell that Graham Collins is still going and he sits near me in East Greens although no longer a Season Card holder. Sad to tell you that Roger & Colin are no longer with us not sure when Roger died(maybe in the last few years). Colin however died in 1993, his funeral was the same day we drew 1-1 with Newcastle(20th.January '93). Would be nice to know about Mick Baugh. "Does Anyone Know"?

Hi Ozzie, Not sure about Mick B, but can tell that Graham Collins is still going and he sits near me in East Greens although no longer a Season Card holder. Sad to tell you that Roger & Colin are no longer with us not sure when Roger died(maybe in the last few years). Colin however died in 1993, his funeral was the same day we drew 1-1 with Newcastle(20th.January '93). Would be nice to know about Mick Baugh. "Does Anyone Know"?

I spoke to Micky Baugh a few years ago, about a Keithie Summers (Gus) Memorial away trip, but he didn't turn up. He was living in Basildon with a French girl quite a bit younger than him, he seemed very happy but had a bad back! He didn;t go to games now I think.

Phew - not on these pictures - but did go on some of the Brothers Grimm trips around that time - however I am adept at avoiding photographs (then and now) :stunned:

Thanks for the information Nobbler,very sad about Colin (who i did not know so well),and Roger, who i did (and all his brothers).Roger was a real,real nice lad, very sad.If i remember!!! i think they lost their mother also when they were young,real sad.When you see Graham again,please send my regards...hope he still has his ford anglia!!!!

I was hoping that these pictures would not be posted. I am at the front wearing flared trousers.

hi bitb, you are not the person standing next to Chris.D???? happy days..Went to Bournemouth (away) about 6 times,that was the only game that i dont remember any trouble at,mind you i was rather young

If Roger C is who i think you mean (1 of 4 brothers), then he passed away over 10 years ago. If i'm thinking of the wrong one, then apologies.

yes,i remember Roger,Simon the youngest brother(forgot his name) and the 4th one as well???Roger was a good lad.Love the photo of the 5 of them,,great days

yes,i remember Roger,Simon the youngest brother(forgot his name) and the 4th one as well???Roger was a good lad.Love the photo of the 5 of them,,great days

Dave & Andy are the ones you could'nt remember. Dave was the 2nd eldest, then Simon, and Andy (who had a stroke a few years ago).

Ozzie you dont half look like Niel Reed who top the charts around Christmast 71 with Mother of Mine :smile: .

Back