• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No, brother Grimm is standing behind him. The person you picked out lived in Billericay, Andy ?
The one in the picture I think died last year I think, went on there coaches to a lot of games away , there name was Bushell one was Alan lmnot sure about thr other . They made that great film The Team We Call United in the late sixtys which is still worth watching

IMG_0002.jpg

Here's one from 1973/74!

The Bushell's were Alan and Peter.I imagine Alan is taking the photo.

The one in the picture I think died last year I think, went on there coaches to a lot of games away , there name was Bushell one was Alan lmnot sure about thr other . They made that great film The Team We Call United in the late sixtys which is still worth watching

No, that's Peter in the picture .... and any suggestions that he is dead are greatly exaggerated. Alan passed away some while ago.

Can this be watched online anywhere?

Didnt he die in Scotland

Yep.

"Alan Roy BUSHELL Alan passed away suddenly on Maundy Thursday 21st April 2011 in Glasgow. He will be best remembered for his long associations with Southend United Football Club and Paddle Steamer Waverley and MV Balmoral. He will be sadly missed. Gone but not forgotten. He was cremated at Glasgow Crematorium, Maryhill on Thursday 28th April."

I am sure that in one of these handbooks , there is a picture with Fertilizer kneeling in the front .

very true os,got that handbook in the loft as well..i think that was a "grimm" coach as well..it was (pic),taken at Darlington:at the time that photo was being taken,myself & 2 others were chasing some Darlo fans round the ground..we went before the game into the town center(market place),a market was on,so a few blues fans decided to go for a beer,i went with them,but was only then 15-16,not drinking..in that pub was a cellar,where you could drink.Hanging on the wall was a union jack,so somebody thought that would be good to take it with us & hang at the ground.then suddenly ,down the stairs came a group of older "hells angels",bike chain & bottles in hand.Asks where the flag is & was given sharpish back, it was only a "hells angel" pub.we left rather "pronto".happy days..just looked.picture is in 72-73 handbook,page 66.

Last edited:
I spoke to Micky Baugh a few years ago, about a Keithie Summers (Gus) Memorial away trip, but he didn't turn up. He was living in Basildon with a French girl quite a bit younger than him, he seemed very happy but had a bad back! He didn;t go to games now I think.

Peter,...Micky.B....younger French "bird"...happy...Bad back!!!!!!:smile: Lucky bloke

I used to have that handbook but it is long gone now.
Glad to see a few faces...though was a tad before I started travelling away. Nobbler has not changed! Oz? Bloody hell. Who would have thought that young lad in hush puppy's??? Hmmm.....

Back