• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Highlights From Virgin Media

Good pen, but straight down the middle again. He should vary where he puts them a bit or it'll make life too easy for opposition goalies.

I don’t. Always think a penalty down the middle is a very poor one and extremely risky at that.

I think if you hit it down the middle it's certainly risky, but most goalkeepers will try and guess one direction or the other and dive there unless it's obvious from the run-up where the pen is going. Therefore if you hit it hard enough and with a bit of elevation (unlike Leon's pen against Donny) then it'll probably go in.

I think if you hit it down the middle it's certainly risky, but most goalkeepers will try and guess one direction or the other and dive there unless it's obvious from the run-up where the pen is going. Therefore if you hit it hard enough and with a bit of elevation (unlike Leon's pen against Donny) then it'll probably go in.

Going low down the middle ala donny runs the risk of hitting the keeper’s trailing foot as he dives, yesterdays height certainly avoided any trailing foot but with his second down the middle any noting goalkeeper would stand a huge chance of punching his shot away if they stay on their feet.

All about the corners. If you’re accurate enough a keeper will never reach it even if he does guess the right way.

1. What I thought wasHoopers assist for the first one is actually him losing the ball :)

2. Good to see Hooper and Clarke linking up and they were involved in all 3 goals which is promising.

3. Leons penalty was hard to stop but thats two just down the middle now, can he place them as well ?

Not missed a regular penalty (i.e. not in a shootout) since Constantine's effort against Borient in 2003-04 I think, god knows how many that is though.

I see Leeds were very lucky! watch the Boyd shot on their game with Orient!

Just watched the Leeds game and OMG...that referee needs shooting....if ever there was a reason for Vido playback it is situations like that, imagine if that was Southend that had been robbed of a goal like that

That was clearly over the line, I can see why Ling was so furious.
Bit of a soft penalty as well.

Exactly as I predicted on the Poison Dwarf Rants again thread on Friday.
The FL need to look into Wise's comments ASAP & if I was Tilly I'd maybe drop that thought into the mix on BLW2 tonight as he'll no doubt be asked to comment!

Back