• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the bridging loan doesn’t arrive by 1 March, we’re ****ed. If it doesn’t go to plan we can look forward to an end of transfer window fire sale and Ron liquidating every asset he can get his hands on. Never a dull day eh.
I think this sum of £5m shows how pointless selling players for a few thousand would be.

Apparently we bought the local MP down to plea with the judge who ignored all plea's and stated that Ron has wasted enough peoples time and has an awful track record.

Finally sounds as though HMRC are going to put the foot down. 42 days to pay up or we're wound up.

October 1st: "Bridging finance has been agreed, but has not yet been completed. Once it has (weeks not months) we will discharge the HMRC debt in full."

We're now in Mid January with no sign of this loan as of yet. No doubt, some people here will carry on sitting on the fence but we cannot allow this to continue. This, to my memory, is the closest we've come to going into administration under Rons ownership.

Apparently we bought the local MP down to plea with the judge who ignored all plea's and stated that Ron has wasted enough peoples time and has an awful track record.

Finally sounds as though HMRC are going to put the foot down. 42 days to pay up or we're wound up.
As much as we all want our club to be safe, good on them, he can't keep getting away with the same thing over and over again. Wasting time, resources and money of HMRC every year, granted it's their job but at the end of the day its happening too often and they were going to put their foot down at some point.

This is a big reality check.

As much as we all want our club to be safe, good on them, he can't keep getting away with the same thing over and over again. Wasting time, resources and money of HMRC every year, granted it's their job but at the end of the day its happening too often and they were going to put their foot down at some point.

Hence why the next hearing is listed as final

So Mark the date. 1st of March is undoubtly the clubs biggest day in history.
Looks like Ron can't play 'Rons timeline' with the Judge. No way to make 'weeks' turn into 'Months' this time. Tick, tick, tick, BOOOM!
Should I edit my Paypal SZ donations to seize after the end of March :Think:

October 1st: "Bridging finance has been agreed, but has not yet been completed. Once it has (weeks not months) we will discharge the HMRC debt in full."

We're now in Mid January with no sign of this loan as of yet. No doubt, some people here will carry on sitting on the fence but we cannot allow this to continue. This, to my memory, is the closest we've come to going into administration under Rons ownership.
Doesn't sound like the sort of judge who would have granted the adjournment if there were no sign of the loan as you say..rasther he accepted it was likely that such a loan would happen. I assume some evidence would have been requested/provided thereto..

James Duddridge was apparently there. Surprised he remembered we existed

42 day adjournment - this must have been what SUFC requested as that takes us to 1/3 and is an arbitrary period to be imposed if not specifically requested by us.

Is there hope that a loan will be forthcoming? What will have changed between then and now and if a loan is coming by 1/3 then why is it unable to be made now ? I can only assume one of a few scenarios:

1) There is no loan formalised and we are searching for a source of the loan - god I hope not.

2) We have a prospective loan lined up but between the interested parties we cannot complete/agree the detail. Which RM related entity would be the debtor party for example? Given that I understand we can't even agree NDAs with interested buyers then I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

3) Significant incoming funds associated with ownership change or additional ownership parties.

Whatever happens, the best we can hope for is that we will remain under an embargo until 1/3/23.

This is paralyzing the Management Team. I just hope beyond hope that we manage to stay clear of any injuries and that we don't lose ANY of the current squad in the January window.

We have NEVER been more vulnerable than we are now. Loan terms will likely be punitive as prospective lenders realise they may be the only game in town. Prospective buyers of players may throw out some low bids realising the desperation of our situation.

Sad times brought about by narcistic greed and inept business management. At least we will know on 1 March whether we still have a club to support or not, though I can't help but think that 1 April would be a more appropriate date for this clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back