• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Martin's companies

Martin Dawn (Plymouth) Ltd
Martin Dawn (E.A) Limited
Martin Dawn Plc
R. Martin Developments Limited

Are facing Winding Up Petitions brought by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, at the The Rolls Building, Court 1, in front of Judge Jones at 11.30am on the 8th February 2023.

Martin Dawn Winding Up Partitions.png

Full List

List

Venue: Court 1, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1NL

The_Rolls_Building,_Royal_Courts_of_Justice.jpg

Court 1.jpg

Weather Forecast at Venue

Court 1.png

Update on today's Judge Jones at the Insolvency and Companies Court, 11.30am on the 8th February 2023.

Mr Clive Jones was called to the Bar in 1981. He was appointed as a deputy Registrar in Bankruptcy of the High Court in 2007. In 2008 he was appointed a Civil Recorder and authorised to hear Chancery Cases at Central London Civil Justice Centre. In the same year he became a Member of the Licensing Committee of the British Horseracing Authority. He was appointed as a full time Registrar in Bankruptcy of the High Court in 2012. In 2015 he was appointed as a Criminal Recorder on the South Eastern Circuit. He has been a contributor to Mithani Directors’ Disqualification and co-editor of The Law of Freedom of Information with John Macdonald QC (now KC) and Ross Crail published by Oxford University Press (1st and 2nd editions).

Thanks for providing this for those of us that refuse to give the Daily Heil a click.
He will hate that article, makes him sound a right little useless article, oh hang on a minute…….

3 of the 4 companies in court today are Dormant anyway and Ron tried to close two of them himself last year, only for the voluntary strike-off to be suspended, I assume over unpaid Corporation Tax.

The only one we really care about is Martin Dawn Plc - the others have nothing to do with SUFC.

If the others go, the debt goes with it which could be a good thing to be honest.

3 of the 4 companies in court today are Dormant anyway and Ron tried to close two of them himself last year, only for the voluntary strike-off to be suspended, I assume over unpaid Corporation Tax.

The only one we really care about is Martin Dawn Plc - the others have nothing to do with SUFC.

If the others go, the debt goes with it which could be a good thing to be honest.
So the 3 dormant companies might not be able to be closed as have debts outstanding? Could the Martin Dawn one be a barometer for what to expect for the club? I.e. if he stumps up what he owes, perhaps the bridging loan has been drawn down?
Surely they have connected the dots, Martin Dawn and the Final status on the club and will not be lenient with him as a result?

So the 3 dormant companies might not be able to be closed as have debts outstanding? Could the Martin Dawn one be a barometer for what to expect for the club? I.e. if he stumps up what he owes, perhaps the bridging loan has been drawn down?
Surely they have connected the dots, Martin Dawn and the Final status on the club and will not be lenient with him as a result?
How is Martin Dawn involved in either club or development? Separate entity?
Back in 2020 both SEL and RHL were jointly owned by Matin Dawn and Mezcal..if that still the case then this is important

Generally I think If the parent is insolvent, the subsidiary company will either be sold off, if a buyer can be found, or it may itself be liquidated if it can’t be sold or is also insolvent.

Here the club is the subsidiary of a subsidiary and itself subject to a winding up petition. SEL is not. Nor is RHL. And Martin Dawn only owns half of SEL and RHL with the other half held by Mezcal,

So not all all straightforward. But very important to hear what goes on- is CP there, do we know anyone there?

Last edited:
Linked by owner? The outcome of today may give an indication of what happens with the club? Not sure if the bridging loan is only for the club or Ron Martins empire as a whole.
If outstanding debts are paid, does that mean the bridgling loan is in place?

Linked by owner? The outcome of today may give an indication of what happens with the club? Not sure if the bridging loan is only for the club or Ron Martins empire as a whole.
If outstanding debts are paid, does that mean the bridgling loan is in place?
I don't think you're going see debts 'paid' - according to the supporters group video Ron is saying the amount was paid years ago and nothing is due.

Reactions: TJC
Not quite - HMRC are winding the companies up so they will go, and the debts with them.

Although Martin Dawn isn't directly linked, it's a big company in RMs armoury and therefore its fate could be indicative of what could happen to SUFC.

Keep eyes peeled for what happens with Martin Dawn Plc, the others I don't really care about

Reactions: TJC
Not quite - HMRC are winding the companies up so they will go, and the debts with them.

Although Martin Dawn isn't directly linked, it's a big company in RMs armoury and therefore its fate could be indicative of what could happen to SUFC.

Keep eyes peeled for what happens with Martin Dawn Plc, the others I don't really care about
If I remember, it was Martin Dawn who initially bought the club. In a revolving door of companies, aside from the football club and assets, this is his big one. If that goes then I’m seriously concerned

Back in 2020 both SEL and RHL were jointly owned by Matin Dawn and Mezcal..if that still the case then this is important

Generally I think If the parent is insolvent, the subsidiary company will either be sold off, if a buyer can be found, or it may itself be liquidated if it can’t be sold or is also insolvent.

Here the club is the subsidiary of a subsidiary and itself subject to a winding up petition. SEL is not. Nor is RHL. And Martin Dawn only owns half of SEL and RHL with the other half held by Mezcal,

So not all all straightforward. But very important to hear what goes on- is CP there, do we know anyone there?

Martin Dawn PLC holds a 50% share (alongside Mezcal) in South Eastern Leisure, which in turn holds 70% of the shares in SUFC.......so you'd assume that SUFC would be seen as an asset of Martin Dawn. Would be interested to see what happens in that respect if Martin Dawn is wound up or struck off.

IF

Martin Dawn PLC

Goes into administration today, the assets owned by MD PLC, would be handed to the administrators, who would have to find a buyer / owner for them. Which to my understanding is 38% of the club.

This would force RM hand.

If Martin Dawn PLC goes into liquidation today, it’s bye bye RM.
As above that doesn't automatically follow. And actually bye bye RM and bye bye the club at this moment are closely related so actually I doubt any of us wish it at this point...
It will certainly create some challenges to put it mildly so let's all hope it doesn't happen. Very much doubt it will but so little time to wait so speculation is neither here or there at this point.

IF

Martin Dawn PLC

Goes into administration today, the assets owned by MD PLC, would be handed to the administrators, who would have to find a buyer / owner for them. Which to my understanding is 38% of the club.

This would force RM hand.
Its a winding up order so would go to the official receiver. No administration. The official receiver would then have to resolve. There is a co-owner of the other entities Mezcal. I would imagine that would be an early point of call.

Martin Dawn PLC holds a 50% share (alongside Mezcal) in South Eastern Leisure, which in turn holds 70% of the shares in SUFC.......so you'd assume that SUFC would be seen as an asset of Martin Dawn. Would be interested to see what happens in that respect if Martin Dawn is wound up or struck off.

Martin Dawn PLC holds 250 shares in SEL as do Mezcal Investments - the shares in SEL are an asset of Martin Dawn.

Martin Dawn PLC holds 250 shares in SEL as do Mezcal Investments - the shares in SEL are an asset of Martin Dawn.
So SEL's shares in SUFC would likely be seen as an asset of Martin Dawn as an extension.

Nobody knows, but he's tied everything up in so many knots that you'd be forgiven for assuming there's a "house of cards" element to the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back