• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hockley gang war?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Hockley gangs in turf war

I used to play football at Clements Hall and my blood ran cold on the rare occasions I put the ball over the fence because I would have to run the gauntlet of youths burning around on 50cc step through mopeds or blasting loud music from Vauxhall Novas.

Now it appears Clements Hall is at the centre of a frightening gang war.

I read that in the paper. Disgrace. More police going to be on hand apparently. With metal detectors at Hockley station as these people are coming in on train from surrounding areas and london!

Moved on from Benfleet/Canvey then, this had been a major problem in the area for the last few years, bringing lots of drugs into the area too.

I can't see the problem spreading to Rochford.

Back in the 80's everyone knew you didn't take the **** over Golden Cross parade or Magnolia park and can only assume they still do.

Moved on from Benfleet/Canvey then, this had been a major problem in the area for the last few years, bringing lots of drugs into the area too.

You jealous of a little competition? :)

That reminds me, have you got any Henry's knocking about? And i don't mean bud.

Can't believe that, you must have been all alone in your bedroom and had a little dabble at some point, maybe while thinking about Macca?

Behave yourself!!! We're on the subject of narcotics here and I'm not going to be sidetracked!

Back in my youth days, it was Southend and Borough Versus Shoebury Barrack soldiers, usually in Southend High Street and on the Seafront or at the Sutton Arms, which involved lots of revenge attacks from both sides and went on for about 3 years, no CCTV in those days also.And also Leigh V Eastwood.

This has been going on for years but my cousin has told me recently a group from Dagenham has been traveling down look for a fight. Once three travelled down to Clemants Hall and each pulled out an axe..

As a Hard Core Hockley O.G, This is just a message. Soon, Us Hockley Boyz will be gunning for the whole of Southend Borough.

Forget Castlepoint though... Their roads are, like, too slippery Bruv.

why is hockley the centre for this? it used to be 12 years ago as well, i used to go there with mates from rayleigh for a change of scenery, as you could bunk on the train and there'd be no inspectors. often meet with some hockley boys who went to sweyne, and just hang around. never anything serious though, just usual lads activities of smoking, eating chips, firework fights, nothing like taking knives and anything like that though.

why is hockley the centre for this? it used to be 12 years ago as well, i used to go there with mates from rayleigh for a change of scenery, as you could bunk on the train and there'd be no inspectors. often meet with some hockley boys who went to sweyne, and just hang around. never anything serious though, just usual lads activities of smoking, eating chips, firework fights, nothing like taking knives and anything like that though.

Bang on - doing all nighters or going night fishing down Rochford reservoir going down Clements hall or Hockley woods oh yeah smashed the odd phone box now and again... but knives never

Its ok, Mitch form Rayleigh has the answer:

MitchLive, Rayleigh says...
12:34pm Wed 23 Dec 09

See, what I think should happen is a sniper should be positioned in the bushes and every 20 minutes, take one of the youths out. End of. Oh, and then get the single Mum/foster parent to collect to stiff, we wouldn't want someone tripping over it and suing the Council. And before the PC, Human Rights Brigade get on my case, would you like to be living near something happening like this, or does the term 'not in my back yard' mean nothing to you? Thought not. And the same goes to the person who no doubt will read this and squeal 'not all teenagers are like this'. Kids who have been brought up tend to stay in doors at night.

Back in my youth days, it was Southend and Borough Versus Shoebury Barrack soldiers, usually in Southend High Street and on the Seafront or at the Sutton Arms, which involved lots of revenge attacks from both sides and went on for about 3 years, no CCTV in those days also.And also Leigh V Eastwood.

I recall one incident with the 'action men' from the barracks in 1974 or 75. Think it was on a monday night, with clashes up and down the high street.

Yes Basildon was the same,i think.

This has been going on for years but my cousin has told me recently a group from Dagenham has been traveling down look for a fight. Once three travelled down to Clemants Hall and each pulled out an axe..

They must have been really brave. If you are not good enough to use your fists then why bother?.

Back