• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Holidays in Devon & Cornwall.

DTS

The Business
Mrs DtS is lucky enough to have secure my hand in marrage and the big day in 25th July.

As seen on Shrimperzone had a real debate about going abroad for our honeymoon. However as were are +1 dont really want to go to far from home with my daughter just 18 weeks old.

Thinking of suprising Mrs DtS with a few cheeky days in Devon or Cornwall after the wedding so we can get some break but still be on English soils in case of emergencies.

Got a mate from Devon who said Croyde is really nice. Not looking for anything to wild just some nice beeches, few walks to keep Mrs DtS happy and maybe a few child friendly eateries.

Anyone got any tips for venues in Devon/Cornwall or anyone been to Croyde?

If you have B&B recommendations these are also welcomed.....

x

I have friends that go camping every year in Croyde, but I guess that's not what you want! We've been to Woolacombe in Devon lots, it's beautiful there and there's a couple of hotels, we stayed at the Narracot Grand Hotel, but it was some years ago.

Dave 25th July this year? Thats the same day as mine and Hils wedding!!

I now realise why Ldn Fasto cant make my wedding.

Maybe we could make it a double wedding and switch it to Roots Hall? I am aware there is a youth tournament that weekend but sure Ricky Duncan and the boys wont mind switching the dates for ling standing fans like us.

Last edited:
Cornwall was where the Ex Mrs Snide and I went on our first holiday together.

Perrenporth was always nice....Gweek (all go AAHHHH at the seal sanctuary)..I think the current Mrs snide and I will be venturing there at some point this year..WATCH OUT Mr NOXIOUS!

If Croyde's not a goer, you could always try Bude... I spent a summer there with my old man a few years back and had a great time. The scenery is great, the beaches are immaculate and there's a fair bit to do as well.

Excellent....

Maybe we could make it a double wedding and switch it to Roots Hall? I am aware there is a youth tournament that weekend but sure Ricky Duncan and the boys wont mind switching the dates for ling standing fans like us.

Boss idea, i'm sure they wouldn't mind!

I now realise why Ldn Fasto cant make my wedding.

And Frankie Banks could be the presiding minister.

Within the grounds of Roots Hall he's got all sorts of rights. He could actually kill a man and the police wouldn't be allowed to touch him.

Croyde is fantastic, spent a summer there many years.
To be honest, most of Cornwall and Devon is good, you can't really go wrong.

Hollywell Bay has the best beach in Cornwall to my mind that I will let you in on. Oh what the hell it's for your Mrs. Check out the Crantock area and go to Porth Joke beach. Beautiful beyond words.

Mrs DtS is lucky enough to have secure my hand in marrage and the big day in 25th July.

As seen on Shrimperzone had a real debate about going abroad for our honeymoon. However as were are +1 dont really want to go to far from home with my daughter just 18 weeks old.

Thinking of suprising Mrs DtS with a few cheeky days in Devon or Cornwall after the wedding so we can get some break but still be on English soils in case of emergencies.

Got a mate from Devon who said Croyde is really nice. Not looking for anything to wild just some nice beeches, few walks to keep Mrs DtS happy and maybe a few child friendly eateries.

Anyone got any tips for venues in Devon/Cornwall or anyone been to Croyde?

If you have B&B recommendations these are also welcomed.....

x

Porthleven, where I lived until last year, is a great little place with child-friendly eateries, a beach, great coastal walks and some good pubs. Life revolves around the big harbour there and it's still relatively unspoilt, but becoming more popular every year. It's near Helston, between Falmouth and Penzance (or between the 'two toes' at the far SW of these isles)- I think there's a Porthleven web-site now. 'The Harbour' pub is reportedly a good place to stay, though I could probably get you some B & B numbers when I'm next seeing mates there...

Cornwall was where the Ex Mrs Snide and I went on our first holiday together.

Perrenporth was always nice....Gweek (all go AAHHHH at the seal sanctuary)..I think the current Mrs snide and I will be venturing there at some point this year..WATCH OUT Mr NOXIOUS!

Hey...fantastic, mate...you can see my punk rock collection! :clap:

Fly there? Southend to Newquay

out on the 27th July, back on the 1st Aug is only £186 for the pair of you

Back