• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
I watched the cup game last night between Braintree and Tranmere and really enjoyed it. Thought that Braintree played some really nice stuff and just lacked a bit of luck in front of goal. the guy that impressed me the most was the lad called Holman. Heard him mentioned a few times on BBC Essex this season. Held the ball up well and has a good shot on him. Caused the Tranmere defence quite a few problmes. Just wondering if we lose Britt in January, should we maybe looking at players like this, young, hungry and clearly knows where the goal is.

Agreed. Thought he looked like a real striker, by that I mean he wanted the ball, and when he got it, created a chance for himself. Was unlucky on several ocassions. That nutmeg on their CB was quality, snapped at the shot though. I do think that there are better out there but would defo be worth a look at.

If we are going down that route (which I agree) has anyone seen Jason Hallet who scored 7 goals last night for Concord Rangers in the Essex Senior Cup?

Worth scouting by the club?

I watched the cup game last night between Braintree and Tranmere and really enjoyed it. Thought that Braintree played some really nice stuff and just lacked a bit of luck in front of goal. the guy that impressed me the most was the lad called Holman. Heard him mentioned a few times on BBC Essex this season. Held the ball up well and has a good shot on him. Caused the Tranmere defence quite a few problmes. Just wondering if we lose Britt in January, should we maybe looking at players like this, young, hungry and clearly knows where the goal is.

He also knows where the 'keeper is because every shot he had went straight to him!

Being serious, I also thought he looked promising, but I wouldn't bring someone in on the basis of one FA Cup performance. I also think he might be outside of our range in the he's under contract (I assume) and would command a fee.

He also knows where the 'keeper is because every shot he had went straight to him!

Being serious, I also thought he looked promising, but I wouldn't bring someone in on the basis of one FA Cup performance. I also think he might be outside of our range in the he's under contract (I assume) and would command a fee.

Didnt it say they paid £5k for him last season? Cant see us even paying that back to them let alone the extra they would want to agree to the deal.

If we are going down that route (which I agree) has anyone seen Jason Hallet who scored 7 goals last night for Concord Rangers in the Essex Senior Cup?

The same Jason Hallett who was at Canvey, went to Chelmsford when King left Canvey about 2006 , returned some years later and then went across the island ?

I would imagine that Tilly was certainly having a look back in the day

I was at that game last night,Hallet certainly is a real physical threat and can finish, i think he must be late 20s or something now.Seen him play quite a lot over the years always looks handy at that level.There is defiantly some good talent out there in the Essex non league scene for us too tap into.

Back