• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Regardless of Sky or being a Thursday I think thats not great. Hopefully this will pick up. I would have thought we'd still have 9k there with ticket sales today. That being said theres not many away fans so take away there 700 or whatever they bring that still over 8k shrimpers, not too bad when you look at it that way.

I Keep thiinking it is a poor turn out, but i forget that it is a thursday night. So to be fair, it is a pretty decent turn out considering it is on TV too.

I sort of disagree, im disapointed that its not a sell out. Wycombe tonight are going to have their second biggest ever attendance, Swindon almost sold out on Monday, as a fan i dont care whether its on TV or not. I want to attend. We keep saying that we are a big club for this league etc yet we cant sell out 10.000 tickets. Thursday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday does it really matter what night it is?

I Keep thiinking it is a poor turn out, but i forget that it is a thursday night. So to be fair, it is a pretty decent turn out considering it is on TV too.
Agreed to a certain extent, most fans would go regardless but some prefer the comfort and convenience of their own sofa or pub. Also if it was a Luton, Portsmouth or Plymouth we was playing then I am sure the away following would swell and with it the attendance would touch over 10k. If there was any fairweather who were touch and go to rock up last minute then I fear that the weather may put them off

When they give updates it usually includes away tickets sold.
8,500+ not a bad crowd considering its a Thursday night & live on SKY.

I am the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] first one to criticise the Southend public but is we can get a 9000 or so crowd tonight :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done my fellow SHRIMPERS

Fingers crossed we show the Viewing TV Public what we can do tonight …

I believe on our day we can be the best team in the League

I sort of disagree, im disapointed that its not a sell out. Wycombe tonight are going to have their second biggest ever attendance, Swindon almost sold out on Monday, as a fan i dont care whether its on TV or not. I want to attend. We keep saying that we are a big club for this league etc yet we cant sell out 10.000 tickets. Thursday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday does it really matter what night it is?

I meant not too bad considering it is a thursday compared to the weekend i think any day of the week would be lower attendance than the weekend. Stevenage are not bringing too many so that is why our attendance may be down? Maybe some of the "glory hunter" fans are waiting to see if we get to wembley and save their money for that. Who knows. When you put it that way, it does seem like that 8,500 is a poor turnout considering the importance of the game. I guess you can argue from both sides.

Anyway, as long as there is a good atmosphere i don't care how many people are going. Will smoke bombs be given out instead of streamers this time?

We have never sold out a home play-off game, our previous crowds:-
Northampton 9,152
Doncaster 9,109
Crewe 8,190
Burton 9,696

Plymouth are taking nearly 2,500 to Wycombe tonight. I bet Wycombe actually have less home fans than we will have tonight.

i've had to get tickets in the front row of the West stand as they are apparently the only ones available with nothing in the other blocks. having said that i booked 3 together so it may be there are odd ones and twos but that sounds pretty promising. i'm taking a hat though, fear it might rain a bit

I meant not too bad considering it is a thursday compared to the weekend i think any day of the week would be lower attendance than the weekend. Stevenage are not bringing too many so that is why our attendance may be down? Maybe some of the "glory hunter" fans are waiting to see if we get to wembley and save their money for that. Who knows. When you put it that way, it does seem like that 8,500 is a poor turnout considering the importance of the game. I guess you can argue from both sides.

Anyway, as long as there is a good atmosphere i don't care how many people are going. Will smoke bombs be given out instead of streamers this time?

I wish people wouldn't use this phrase. We're a growing club with growing support. Success on the field will bring in more support as it's shown over the years. You're obviously too young to remember the Dick Bate glory days when we hardly managed to get 3k inside Roots Hall or even our first years in what is now the Championship where I remember getting about 4k at home to Sheffield Utd on a Tuesday night (I believe).

Peoples priorities in life change as we get older and sometimes, family, finances come first before our football club.

We will have 9k Shrimpers in attendance tonight so a gate of about 9 half (with Stevanage).....

We can only get 9000 odd home fans and whatever Stevenage are here. Maybe 600 odd.

That said if the club sells all of X and Y and beyond then 10k is doable. The weather may have a baring for some of our floating support who will stay in and watch from indoors.

i asked to collect my tickets from Shakespeare and they said that was fine. i have absolute faith that it will indeed be fine

OK report back if that works, as I have never seen people collect pre-booked tickets from the Shakespeare Drive ticket office.

Mind you with 'print at home' tickets probably available from next season then collecting tickets will be a thing of the past for most people.

We can only get 9000 odd home fans and whatever Stevenage are here. Maybe 600 odd.

That said if the club sells all of X and Y and beyond then 10k is doable. The weather may have a baring for some of our floating support who will stay in and watch from indoors.

Yes agreed..... My view is we have a hard core fan base of around 9k anyway (obviously people pick and choice games to attend) hence why our average gate is 6 - 7k this season. That really is a good fan base considering the league we're in and (no disrespect to other clubs) the teams we play.

As I said, success on the field brings in the fans as we've witnessed.

Teams like Hull, Swansea, Reading eg years ago, when they were in the lower leagues, never had this support.

Yes agreed..... My view is we have a hard core fan base of around 9k anyway (obviously people pick and choice games to attend) hence why our average gate is 6 - 7k this season. That really is a good fan base considering the league we're in and (no disrespect to other clubs) the teams we play.

As I said, success on the field brings in the fans as we've witnessed.

Teams like Hull, Swansea, Reading eg years ago, when they were in the lower leagues, never had this support.

2002/3 Season Average Crowds all of us were in League 2 (or might have been called Division 3 then? whatever it was the bottom division:-
Hull City 12,843
Swansea 5,160
Southend 3,951

I would imagine if any of Hull, Swansea or Reading were in League 2 with us they would almost certainly getting more than our 6,000 average crowd.

Been in the phone queue for 13 minutes and have apparently moved from 6 to 4. Slowest ticket agent ever.

It's helping to pass the time at work until I leave early at 4 though :thumbsup:

So did Hull. I seem to remember us beating them 3-0 at Roots Hall that season. One of the rare occasions we did actually ever beat them.

Back