• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hot off the press

CS Cockles

First XI
well sources have confirmed today that jay smith has been
offered a new contract for next season at just under £1000
a week. whereas King Leon who is on £500 a week and on
£50 a goal has not been(Mr M is reluctant to do so)
Also we made a bid for Matt Lockwood at orient, who have
offered him a new contract at lesser terms,but our offer
was still woefully lower than his new revised contract

leon is being payed £500 a week that is poor. very poor

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SHRIMPALISIOUS @ April 27 2004,18:08)]leon is being payed £500 a week that is poor. very poor.
No, earning £150 a week working 45 hours in a factory is poor. Especially if you have a mortgage and kids.

Leon came in as an unproven, out of contract player and his wage reflects that. No doubt we will offer him condsiderably more but i suspect we are waiting to see who else comes in for him, as are Leon and his agent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,19:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SHRIMPALISIOUS @ April 27 2004,18:08)]leon is being payed £500 a week that is poor. very poor.
No, earning £150 a week working 45 hours in a factory is poor. Especially if you have a mortgage and kids.

Leon came in as an unproven, out of contract player and his wage reflects that. No doubt we will offer him condsiderably more but i suspect we are waiting to see who else comes in for him, as are Leon and his agent.
..and a dog,they ain't cheap to run

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SHRIMPALISIOUS @ April 27 2004,18:08)]leon is being payed £500 a week that is poor. very poor
Don't forget, Constantine was only a trialist here, got released and only called back when I think it was Bramble who got injured. He was then on a monthly contract and as he banged in a couple of goals, got a contract till the end of season.
I don't think any one at the time realised how good he would actually be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 27 2004,19:11)]
leon is being

Did i touch a nerve

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't think any one at the time realised how good he would actually be.

You mean how many goals he would actually score.

I don't actually think he is all that good... he has never been prolific anywhere else, and whether or not he has a season like this again remains to be seen. Don't get me wrong, he has been brill for us this season, but whether he will be again I don't know. He seems to score goals out of nothing, and never looks like scoring. Consequently when he doesn't score he looks anonymous.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't offered any contract at all though... CSC, did you mean Leon hasn't been offered any type of contract or just not one at £1000 per week? Perhaps the club know he has been offered one elsewhere which they have no hope of competing with...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ April 27 2004,20:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't think any one at the time realised how good he would actually be.

You mean how many goals he would actually score.
That's what I meant.  
wink.gif

I knew after I'd posted that it was worded wrong, but couldn't be arsed to change it.

Only a while back Millwall offered Orient £500,000 for Lockwood

that was before he was injured and now hes's not as good!

But i would still rather have him than any of our left backs. Brilliant getting foward and a good defender too. Doubt he would come to us though.

We need a new left back, Stuart doesn't cut the mustard in my eyes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 27 2004,23:14)]We need a new left back, Stuart doesn't cut the mustard in my eyes
How do you know? You barely ever go to games ...

Kev

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 27 2004,23:14)]We need a new left back, Stuart doesn't cut the mustard in my eyes
You shouldn't have put mustard in your eyes in the first place you silly boy. And now you're trying to get Jamie Stuart to cut it out for you - sheer lunacy! Use a moist tissue - it's far more effective.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 27 2004,18:03)]well sources have confirmed today that jay smith has been
CSC, how do you become privy to such information that, knowing how RM works, is sensitive/private?

If! it is true then good on the club for not going stupid over wages.

Leon has an anoying habit of scoring when it is unlikely but missing the aboslute sitters in the 18 yard box.

Let's face it, he will not be an SUFC player next season if his agent gets his way!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 27 2004,18:03)]Also we made a bid for Matt Lockwood at orient, who have
I heard this a few months back, but thought it had blown over............rather have Nicky Nic now though

I'd rather push Nicky onto the left wing and have Lockwood at left back. That would be a decent left midfield pairing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ April 27 2004,22:50)]that was before he was injured and now hes's not as good!

But i would still rather have him than any of our left backs. Brilliant getting foward and a good defender too. Doubt he would come to us though.
And he knows how to take a penalty !

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 28 2004,09:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 27 2004,18:03)]well sources have confirmed today that jay smith has been
CSC, how do you become privy to such information that, knowing how RM works, is sensitive/private?

If! it is true then good on the club for not going stupid over wages.

Leon has an anoying habit of scoring when it is unlikely but missing the aboslute sitters in the 18 yard box.

Let's face it, he will not be an SUFC player next season if his agent gets his way!
To be honest with you, although I have a f**k about on these boards I am pretty much in the know about what is happening down at the Hall, As the few that know me will back me up on that. but generly chose not to say anything because I believe its wrong when my sauces have told me in confidence, but pretty much no harm is being done with the post I have posted

Back