• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hot off the press

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 28 2004,09:15)]To be honest with you, although I have a f**k about on these boards I am pretty much in the know about what is happening down at the Hall, As the few that know me will back me up on that. but generly chose not to say anything because I believe its wrong when my sauces have told me in confidence, but pretty much no harm is being done with the post I have posted
Agreed!

Sorry, I was not criticising you in any way CS!

I do think that Connie will f**k off to somewhere like Peterborough or Brighton and be an absolute flop!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 28 2004,09:15)]sauces
Is that HP or Heinz
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 28 2004,09:32)]I do think that Connie will f**k off to somewhere like Peterborough or Brighton and be an absolute flop!
I don't - unless his agent turns out to be the greedy **** we think he will be.

Morning all
smile.gif

Been a while since I was on here...

There's several interesting threads around but this one was particularly interesting...

Matty Lockwood has always been one of the better Borient players and would certainly sort out our left sided problem. Dont forget Brushy managed him for a good while and will know how Lockwood feels about Borient - i.e. if he has any gripes that Brushy could play on to persuade him to Roots Hall - and the finer points of his contract etc.

I only saw Nicolau once but he looked an excellent player, and I'd like to see us keep him if there is any possibility. I agree with McScriven that Lockwood at LB and Nicolau at LM would be fantastic. Perhaps then Gower could go RM?

On the issue of Leon Constantine - I dont think anyone wants to see him leave. However, he is out of contract. He scored more goals than any other third division player this season in total except McLean at Scunny. There will no doubt be other clubs offering him more wages than we can. We should not break the bank to keep him. We do have other players - notably Dudfield - that are under contract and will score plenty of goals if there is a good, wel balanced side behind them. Fingers crossed Leon stays, but I'd say his contract situation will be one that drags throughout the summer unless the man himself has a particularly strong desire to play for SUFC.

The Miller goalkeeper story is an interesting one. Didn't he play for Exeter in the season that they were relegated? I could be wrong but something is telling me that was the case... would he really be any better than Darryl?

Carl Pettefer is a must-keep in my opinion, much more so than Lewis Hunt - although I hope he stays as well. Carl is a 'terrier' and is not short of ability. A kind of Bombhead but actually with some footballing ability this time.

Warren, Cort, perhaps Jupp, certainly Maher (he's had his best season yet by far in my opinion if you look at the Tilly reign in isolation - and for the first time he looks and sounds like a captain to me).

There's probably others I've forgotten but thats a good start.

So far then ifthe above comes off we will have (as a minimum):

Flahavan
Jupp
Cort
Warren
Nicolau
Lockwood
Gower
Maher
Bentley
Hunt
Pettefer
Smith
Constantine
Husbands
Broughton
Dudfield

It's not a bad start if you ask me. Add another 5 carefully selected players to provide solid backup and genuine competition in all areas and we have the makings of something....

Cheers

Spiff

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 28 2004,09:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 28 2004,09:15)]To be honest with you, although I have a f**k about on these boards I am pretty much in the know about what is happening down at the Hall, As the few that know me will back me up on that. but generly chose not to say anything because I believe its wrong when my sauces have told me in confidence, but pretty much no harm is being done with the post I have posted
Agreed!

Sorry, I was not criticising you in any way CS!

I do think that Connie will f**k off to somewhere like Peterborough or Brighton and be an absolute flop!
I know that mate, wasnt having a dig either

What with all the confidential sauces and mustard in the eyes, I think we're getting in to a bit of a pickle over the whole Constantine issue.

Taxi for Welham!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ April 28 2004,10:02)]Morning all  
smile.gif

Good to see you back, Steve. Looking forward to the usual "plank-like" comments from you... they have been missed.

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously mate - great to have you back.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 28 2004,12:35)]What with all the confidential sauces and mustard in the eyes, I think we're getting in to a bit of a pickle over the whole Constantine issue.

Taxi for Welham!
Shame the season's nearly over now that we're playing serious ketchup with the play-off places.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 28 2004,09:10)]I'd rather push Nicky onto the left wing and have Lockwood at left back. That would be a decent left midfield pairing.
Agree 100% That would move Gower over to the right, where he could be even more effective than he has been on the left this season.

I wouldn't be that distraught if Connie left, still would've liked to seen us get a bit of money out of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ April 28 2004,10:02)]Morning all  
smile.gif

Yeah, welcome back Steve, good to have you back on board (or on 'zone!)

I think it is unbelievable that a 24 goals in a season striker's future is being discussed. He should be given a new, and improved contract as soon as possible, reminding him that 500 players will be out of work the end of this season, and he was one of them 12 months ago, and we offered him a job. He has certainly repaid us with goals, but we should move heavena and earth to keep him.

Anyway, his best mate is Leon Cort (which I am sure everyone knows) and if the option on his contract is taken up (which I am sure it will) I think Leon Con will be staying.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2004,11:38)]Good to see you back, Steve.  Looking forward to the usual "plank-like" comments from you... they have been missed.
Thanks Matt - and James
biggrin.gif

I'm sure you wont be disappointed - when I can be arsed to catch up on the threads I'm sure I'll have a few spoony thoughts to share...

So that's something to look forward to! Or not...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Spiff

Im i the only one that think Leon isn't really that good and the fact he is being compared to Colly is rubbish in my eyes. But goals don't lie. He seems to bag um in and be in the right place at the right time.

The fact we have not had a player who has scored them sorta goals in years says alot and without doubt earned himself a nice new deal however be nice if the club offered it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 28 2004,14:25)]Im i the only one that think Leon isn't really that good and the fact he is being compared to Colly is rubbish in my eyes. But goals don't lie. He seems to bag um in and be in the right place at the right time.

The fact we have not had a player who has scored them sorta goals in years says alot and without doubt earned himself a nice new deal however be nice if the club offered it.
You dont have too be a good player to score goals just being in the right place at the right time which is a skill in itself seems too do the trick.

You only have to look at players like Brett Angell, Benjy and Richard Cadette, not the most skillfully gifted players but they always score goals.

Sign him up i say.

I agree with you barry the dog.
At the end of the day leon is doing what he is being paid to do. I really hope he stays for next season and i truly believe that he can score more goals next season.

Another thing. I hear a lot of you keep going about skill i dont see any other of our 'skillful' players scoring 20 goals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 28 2004,14:25)]Im i the only one that think Leon isn't really that good and the fact he is being compared to Colly is rubbish in my eyes. But goals don't lie. He seems to bag um in and be in the right place at the right time.
Errr. Much like any striker worth his salt, Luke ...

WS

Back