• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How are exiles' teams doing?

Of the other teams I support / have a soft spot for... Flamengo won the Brazilian Championship in 2009, were runners up to Botafogo in the State Championship in 2010, and are currently 1-0 up after the first leg (at home) of their Copa Libertadores QF against Paulista legends, Corinthians. The Menguista line is being led by a couple of relatively well known players... Adriano and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo plays for Corinthians mate who actually lost to Flamengo last night 1-0 in the libertedores cup. Adriano plays for Flamengo and is doing pretty well Ronaldo on the other hand looks like a pub team player with his big gut and three chins.

There was a website that would tell you the professional and semi-pro teams that are near a given postcode. I can't find the link though, does anyone know what I am going on about?

Eastbourne Boro survived relegation by the skin of their teeth, which I'm massively pleased about because there isn't a better run, more family orientated club in the Football League.

Ronaldo plays for Corinthians mate who actually lost to Flamengo last night 1-0 in the libertedores cup. Adriano plays for Flamengo and is doing pretty well Ronaldo on the other hand looks like a pub team player with his big gut and three chins.

Blimey - I am an ignorant oaf, sorry Bazza! I was sure Ronnie had gone to the Mengo. Sad to hear that he's turned into a pub player... what a crying shame. I was aware of Adriano doing pretty well, though, which is good news for us menguistas!

It is with great pleasure that i can inform the two readers of this thread that the mighty berrichonne pulled off a great 3-1 home win last night and with the other teams around us messing up we are now out of the drop zone but only by goal diff.
3 games left,2 at home one against top of the table and two against teams down with us so the dream is still alive,bring on tuesday night.

It is with great pleasure that i can inform the two readers of this thread that the mighty berrichonne pulled off a great 3-1 home win last night and with the other teams around us messing up we are now out of the drop zone but only by goal diff.
3 games left,2 at home one against top of the table and two against teams down with us so the dream is still alive,bring on tuesday night.

Sounds like an exciting finish to the season. What sort of crowds do you get there?

Sounds like an exciting finish to the season. What sort of crowds do you get there?

When we were top of the table at the start we had around 6,000 now we get around 10,000,last night was a buy one get one free offer.
And yes exciting but it could go either way,last year we stayed up by winning the last game.

I have no idea how Borussia Monchengladbach are doing, but I think they play Bayer Leverkusen next week, so hoping to get to that game..

Just beat the 3rd in the table team 3-0 at home two games left one home one away and now 2 places off the drop but only on goal diff,its going to the wire,bollocks.

Crap.

We've been relegated and have persisted all season with an out of form Irishman in midfield. We're really overdue signing a centre-half as well.

Basildon United are in 12 place after a 34 game season to date. 2 games to go. 18 teams in the league.

Lost last night to mid table team,back in drop zone ans last game is at home and against team above.
We draw we go down we lose we go down,a win keeps us up and sends them down,same as last season,damn you david icke the god of football.

So, with my 'other' team finishing second from bottom (just like Southend) just that mean I've won the award for having the worst season?

Oh, joy......:'(

Worst season,maybe.
We all know the southend story,the highs the lows and then there is the ron martins but the berri was a hi and lo season with a bitter twist at the end for me personaly.
I go to games pay my 9 euros on the gate and sit where i want,4 years never a prob,ok i sat with the away fans once because i couldnt be bothered to que up.
So last nights game was massive,winner takes all,we win we stay up,strasborg win they stay up,so i leave at 7.30 for a 8.30 kick off and get in to the city at about 8.10 but there are cars parked everywhere so i park a ten minute walk away,no probs im fat but not that lazy.
Have a chat with a chap on the way to the ground and get there around 8.25 normaly not a prob but tonight is not normal.There are never any police at games but tonight there are around 20 police riot buses and the main road is blocked off and im buzzing from the prospect of a great game..
Get to the ground and the side stand i first come to has big ques so i go to my normal stand behind the goal and find no ques but sold out,bollocks damn that u18s get in for 2 euros and buy one get one free on the side stands.
So i troll round to the over behind the goal gate and im met by about 400 people in the que,so i go back to the side stand and the ques have gone but its sold out so i go but to the big que which is still big and the game has been on for 20 mins so i head back to the car to try and get it on iraqgoals.
I FORGOT I ALSO TRIED TO GET IN THE AWAY END PLAYING THE ENGLISH I DONT SPEAK FRENCH CARD IM ON HOLIDAY ops caps off but that fgailed also.
So at 10.30 i was ****ed off but very happy too.

Back