• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
We have had such a dramatic drop in form that I am seriously worried that this season could be another wash out.
We had that fantastic run but the wheels seem to have come off spectacularly.
Also the injury list now looks so bad that I don't see how we can plug the gaps.
There are so many teams up round the top half of the league that are close to us points wise that if this run continues and honestly , I think it will, we could drop drastically. There are 8 teams below us all within 5 points.

Out is Britt , Laird , Freddy could also be Cresswell and Hurst , Mkandawire gone.

There is not much left. What can PS do ?

Simple, get players in. We get injures and loan spells expire, so we get people in to replace them. It is obvious to see our midfield is depleted and desperately needs reinforcements brought in. Hopefully Laird, Cresswell and Hurst's injuries aren't too serious.

If we fail to get anyone in (which I highly doubt), then I can see us dropping out of the play-offs. Hopefully this time next week we will be talking about a change in fortunes, but at the moment that is all we can do - hope.

We have had such a dramatic drop in form that I am seriously worried that this season could be another wash out.
Also the injury list now looks so bad that I don't see how we can plug the gaps.
There are so many teams up round the top half of the league that are close to us points wise that if this run continues and honestly , I think it will, we could drop drastically. There are 8 teams below us all within 5 points.

Out is Britt , Laird , Freddy could also be Cresswell and Hurst , Mkandawire gone.

Not a lot really, without the funds. So it's damage limitation at best.

For me, there is only one thing we can do and, I suspect, it's exactly what we are going to do now as it's what we've always done in the past. What's certain is we don't look a good bet for pushing on as things stand. We therefore need to ship a couple out on loan and then bring a couple in. I think our season depends on the loan signings we make in the next few weeks. Be clever, Mr Sturrock. And if you can't be clever, be friggin' lucky!

i beleive our slump is now over from saturday our form will be in the up. just a feeling.

We SHOULD beat Plymouth Argyle, but their new manager secured the usual win in his first match last Saturday so they won't be the walkovers they could have been a fortnight ago...... When will Britt be fit???

The most important thing to do is to shore up our defence.

I'd ask Leonard to shield the defence, with Woodyard chasing shadows further up the pitch. Restore Timlin to left-midfield where he is vastly more effective.

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Prosser Barker/Straker
Hurst Leonard Woodyard Timlin
Corr Tomlin

If Hurst's out Leonard plays tucked-in in right midfield and Spicer sits in front of the defence as he reads the game much better than Woodyard.

The most important thing to do is to shore up our defence.

I'd ask Leonard to shield the defence, with Woodyard chasing shadows further up the pitch. Restore Timlin to left-midfield where he is vastly more effective.

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Prosser Barker/Straker
Hurst Leonard Woodyard Timlin
Corr Tomlin

If Hurst's out Leonard plays tucked-in in right midfield and Spicer sits in front of the defence as he reads the game much better than Woodyard.

Probably our best team, so if that's it we get behind them.
I think we all know there's weakness in the middle though, so have to be realistic.

Untill we can afford to buy our best players, and not loan them, this will continue to happen.

If the weather foreast is anywhere near right for Saturday then we will be struggling to play, that could prove a blessing in disguise and give Paul Sturrock plenty of time to assess and deal with the situation.

Need Britt back in the team. Although Corr has done a fantastic job filling in for him and scoring a good bunch of goals, I feel that Britt offers a lot to the team, and he has a touch of class which others in the team don't have.

Back