• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you assess Sol’s start at the hall

This is clearly a lie. Who returns to the uk to retire?

Straight up.He seperated from his Catalan wife and moved back to the UK.(His Catalan + Spanish are much better than mine too).Think it was something to do with losing both his parents in short order and inheriting the family home.Maybe the joys of living in Shrewsbury too? Also he's on a good pension.

Straight up.He seperated from his Catalan wife and moved back to the UK.(His Catalan + Spanish are much better than mine too).Think it was something to do with losing both his parents in short order and inheriting the family home.Maybe the joys of living in Shrewsbury too? Also he's on a good pension.

I'm sure his English is much better than yours as well but can we please try and stick to Sol's start at the Hall. Thank you.

:Smile: ...

Yeah, Tangles, how rude!

Changing the subject by answering someone's question and taking the thread off-topic like every thread ever started in Internet history has at some point gone! :Winking:

I'm sure his English is much better than yours as well but can we please try and stick to Sol's start at the Hall. Thank you.

On the contrary ,I speak Essex Estuary English (complete with glottal stop when necessary).My mate speaks Shropshire English,which is obviously infinitely worse. :Winking: As far as Sol's start is concerned, we'll find out a lot more about that in the next 6 matches,starting with Bolton away on Saturday and in the January transfer window too.

Heard a very distressing story about an alleged disagreement between players at the training ground recently in which one group of players was laughing at the predicament we're in and showing total ignorance towards supporters, whilst another got feisty with them and told them they were being totally disrespectful and they should show more respect - quoted the kind of money supporters pay to support the club across the land. No idea if it's true and won't name names, but shows the kind of problem that Sol is having to deal with off the field.

I could guess the guilty parties, relatively easily I believe.

If Sol isn’t going to clear out the remnants of the clique, then he, like all the others before him, will ultimately fail.

I think a couple of the bad apples are some of our better players and the jury might be out as to whether some might just be in a friendship group with bad apples. I have one particular player in mind that I've heard about that I would love to keep if we feel he would be ok separated from another player.

Sorry, very cryptic

I think enough of us know/believe we know, who the culprit(s) are, and those who have been affected.

It’s like that episode of Friends, where Rachel, Joey & Phoebe find out about Chandler & Monica.

They don’t know that we know, they know.

If there were just a few bad apples why wouldn't you isolate them from the rest of the squad or put them on gardening leave until January?

Look at the previous couple of starting XI’s.

Notice any big isolation moves by Sol?

I heard a very similar thing before the Brizzle Rovers game. My understanding is that the longer serving players such as Macca, JW, Elvis were amongst the group standing up for the club and supporters. It was the higher earners (prob dont give a **** about the club) that were the ones taking the ****

Macca?

Hmmmmmm

Name them they don’t deserve protection . Sol without a doubt will get rid of them, sooner the better some some sound like a group of old women ( apologies lady’s) ****ed off my season ticket been paying their wages since they came here. Will take time for Sol to turn things round but we’re heading in the right direction, apart from league 2 for a season.

The one thing I would say about Macca is when goals go in against us , he looks full of anguish , that kind of reaction doesn't come from someone who doesn't care.. out of form granted but looks like he cares at least.

Are people surprised Macca is supportive of the club? Every time he plays he puts in maximum effort, only the other day was one of the 3 that visited the homeless shelter on behalf of the club, and is now one of two that was with us for promotion out of League 2.

I’d wager that he cares a lot more than most players, and he’s not really out of form either, 3 goals and 2 assists in a struggling team where he had injury niggles at the beginning isn’t an atrocious return

Spot on.

He is one of our biggest goal threats lately. Drifting into scoring positions and trying to get on the end of things.

In the last 3 games, he has also hit the bar twice.

I raised my eyebrows at McLaughlin being mentioned not because I don’t think he’s putting in a shift. He’s playing (I think) to the best of his ability and in my opinion has been one of our best performers in this dog awful season. I just couldn’t picture him rallying in support of the club and the fans, going against the so called “group”. If he did, fair play.

I think enough of us know/believe we know, who the culprit(s) are, and those who have been affected.

It’s like that episode of Friends, where Rachel, Joey & Phoebe find out about Chandler & Monica.

They don’t know that we know, they know.

Look at the previous couple of starting XI’s.

Notice any big isolation moves by Sol?

I can't stand friends so I don't know the reference but you are right I think most people know. So the un-cryptic version is I hope McLaughlin is being considered by Sol if he thinks he will be OK separated from Cox's influence (allegedly)

I raised my eyebrows at McLaughlin being mentioned not because I don’t think he’s putting in a shift. He’s playing (I think) to the best of his ability and in my opinion has been one of our best performers in this dog awful season. I just couldn’t picture him rallying in support of the club and the fans, going against the so called “group”. If he did, fair play.

That's fair enough but its not clear who the "group" was, it sounded to me like Group vs Group rather than a few standouts against a large crowd

Are people surprised Macca is supportive of the club?

Yes. Yes I am.

Every time he plays he puts in maximum effort

I must have been watching a different player for the past 2-3 years.

I’d wager that he cares a lot more than most players, and he’s not really out of form either, 3 goals and 2 assists in a struggling team where he had injury niggles at the beginning isn’t an atrocious return

1 red card, 2 assists & 3 goals in 13 appearances so far this season. I mean, it’s not great, is it?

I guess it highlights just how bad we’ve been this calendar year.

I can't stand friends so I don't know the reference but you are right I think most people know. So the un-cryptic version is I hope McLaughlin is being considered by Sol if he thinks he will be OK separated from Cox's influence (allegedly)

What’s to say he isn’t an integral part of the actual problem? Hmmm

Not bothered about McL if I’m honest. He’s made his bed, he can go lay in it, for all I care.

I’d be more concerned about the players who have genuine talent, but who have been largely underperforming, due to certian negative influences within the camp.

Internal squabbles don't help anyone but we have fallen further behind under Sol and if we don't get results in the next 3 games it will be beyond even salvaging some pride.

Man U and Leicester will be recalling their lads ASAP and many of you will be pleased but we will be in an even worse position to sign replacement loans. There will be no transfer budget and no extra wage budget.

Even sending out some bad apples is certainly not straight forward as we will still have to cover part of the wage and they can just refuse. They could easily sit it out for 4 months on the side lines.......We may well see a couple of those mystery injuries that the medical staff can't quite figure out.

My point is for many fans and now it would appear even for Sold, January has become this magical month that will save us all. Even if we go down it will be with players that care etc.....If we have the usually SUFC January then by mid February..........Well lets not go there.

What bed has Macca made if people are "not sure" if he is the problem?

How do we know it's not one player, hoping to get away, who is the perceived problem.

No-one seems to want to name any names, but are assuming that certain players are disruptive based on the fact they aren't getting picked at the moment so by association must be troublemakers ruining everything.

Back