• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you celebrate goals on I follow?

Is it only me who celebrates listening on the radio and then again 40 seconds later on ifollow? ?

I sit still and say, "Jolly well done chaps!"

Actually I scream at the top of my voice and may well join my eldest son on a lap or two of the downstairs.

Shouting ‘get in’ so loud that I terrify the nipper and the cat, while getting disapproving looks from the missus...
Exactly this but shouting "yes" and trying not to drop an f bomb whilst the child cries and the wife scours at me.... hence only the one child ?

Just wondering whether other people are like me when we score.

I generally shriek, and jump up and down for a minute or so, on my own by the computer.
(my wife in the other room thinks i'm mad, saying " No one can hear you "

Anyone else as mad?
Yes I jump up and run around the bedroom. My wife knows the score downstairs by my reaction. First part of the season was a miserable time!

I listen on BBC Essex, when we score I run round the lounge then up the hall with my arm in the air like Alan Shearer then knee skid on the karndean flooring & end up at the front door...

...then I lose my bottle & switch off the radio until full time..

Last edited:
Very much depends on the timing and significance of the goal. I've converted the brick shed, which is a standalone building about three metres from my house, which is where I am watching the games at the moment

A rise from the seat and a brief yes for the goal yesterday, as it was very early and I didn't consider it likely to be a winner.

But my reaction to the second goal against Colchester was enough for the wife and kids to hear me from our living room.

Me and the boy/man shouting yesss and the wife exclaims "blimey they havent scored a goal have they?"

Just indicative of how ****e we normally are....

Jump up and give s big yeah, then grab my iPad, jump in my car and do some laps around the block tooting the horn incessantly.

Our record at Grimsby stadium in the last 35 years is cack, I don’t remember us winning away there, so I reckon our celebration will get louder if we score a winner as it’s an massive 6 pointers as a win can see us leap out of the bottom 4!

Me and the boy usually leap to our feet yelling, exchange a high ten, then cling nervously to each other for the rest of the match.

I think my biggest / loudest reaction on I-Follow was the Acquah goal v Walsall.
Probably (a) the timing of it and (b) it had been so long since we won a game !

Ah, Walsall. The only game I have missed seeing this season.

We were 10 minutes early for a property viewing and I was sat outside the house in the car (it was ****ing down) with my wife talking about the external aspects, off street parking etc etc. BBC Essex was on the car radio very softly in the background. I broke off mid sentence and raised my left hand index finger skywards to indicate to my wife (she used to be a seaso as well) that something important was about to happen, as my bat like hearing picked up the change in the commentators intonation when Acquah received the ball.

If anyone has seen the Only Fools and Horses scene where Delboy and Rodney go mad in the car after the sale of the watch, that sort of describes the scene thereafter.

Back