• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you guys do it?

WestRoadShrimper

Teachers Pet
On the school holidays, so have sat at the computer to try and write a new GCSE scheme of work. That was at about 9 o'clock.

Obviously had a quick logon to see what was being discussed.

It's now quarter to 11 and all I've done is talk on here - not even opened Word to start work yet!

Now my question is this: Some of you may be out of work, so come on to pass the time of day, but others must be in the office - HOW ON EARTH do you manage to avoid being sacked? I've tried 2 or 3 times already to come off when I think no-one's replied - and each time I've been foiled by another post to read and reply to!

Probably more importantly, I just want a job where I can sit and post on here all day :p

but others must be in the office - HOW ON EARTH do you manage to avoid being sacked?

I ask myself the same question daily.

However, if people can sue McDonalds for making them obese or Phillip Morris for causing them to develop lung cancer then surely anyone sacked for SZ'ing at work should be reching for their lawyers.

Where there's blame, there's a claim.

Last edited:
Tell me about it, when I changed jobs, I made a resolution of going cold turkey to stop lurking (& posting) on here for 7 or 8 hours a day. I did well for the first couple of months but as my workload has lessened & I've got on top of my new role, the old habits have crept back in! Damn you SZ!!! :p

If it wasn't for the fact I'm off out in a short while to meet friends I'm pretty certain I could end up wasting the whole day on here!

Obviously, when I say waste I mean from a work point of view :D

Im constantly at my computer for most of the day at work so when I have moments when I am not busy or I need a break from amending a boring legal document then I pop by for a quick look, just as I am doing now......
Im lucky in that I can stay logged in for most of the day without anything being said, pretty laid back around here really....

Huzzah for working in t'Internet biz! :)

Agreed on that to an extent.

However, we've just had a team meeting where we all go round the table talking about what we've got on and I suddenly realised everything I needed to do yesterday still needs doing. I think it was MtS who pointed out though that if you're pretty quick at typing then it makes things easier!

I do find that I post a fraction of what I used to. It's almost as though i spend mroe time browsing the pub thena the main board now.

Also, being a silhouette at the back of the office helps too

Last edited:
My job is veru much fits and starts so when I am quiet or on-hold as I have been now for 20 mins (Thank you Alliance and Leicester) then why not.

I am also self employed so if I am not working I am only doing myself out ot money and finally I sit with my back to a wall so no-one can see me anyway...

My job is veru much fits and starts so when I am quiet or on-hold as I have been now for 20 mins (Thank you Alliance and Leicester) then why not.

I am also self employed so if I am not working I am only doing myself out ot money and finally I sit with my back to a wall so no-one can see me anyway...

Probably the best idea down in Brighton matey!

:rolleyes:

On the school holidays, so have sat at the computer to try and write a new GCSE scheme of work. That was at about 9 o'clock.

Obviously had a quick logon to see what was being discussed.

It's now quarter to 11 and all I've done is talk on here - not even opened Word to start work yet!

Now my question is this: Some of you may be out of work, so come on to pass the time of day, but others must be in the office - HOW ON EARTH do you manage to avoid being sacked? I've tried 2 or 3 times already to come off when I think no-one's replied - and each time I've been foiled by another post to read and reply to!

Probably more importantly, I just want a job where I can sit and post on here all day :p

its all about being the office manager!!!

Having one of your best mates as the firms IT Manager - Southend United websites mysteriously disappear of the website useage stats!

Back