• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How I met my other half

Why did your first marriage finish?

Well... I have to say I've been married twice. The first time we were too young (I was 21, she was 18) and we grew apart very quickly before she started to frequent night clubs 4 or 5 times a week and had a fling with some bloke. It lasted less than 3 years, no kids.

The second relationship lasted 21 years (18 as a marriage) and I walked away from it, which was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. There were several reasons, but essentially it was clear that I wasn't wanted for any other reason than I paid for stuff. I wasn't happy with that, she refused to go to Relate, I left on a trial basis, she said she was happier alone so I had to find someone else to spend my life with.

So I did.

Good on you for being honest in your answer and for looking after you in the long run,seems you are very happy if even you are a bit blog happy,well done.

Great story Mark. So many people seem to find that online dating works really well. Lots of colleagues at work have found partners using it.

I asked my wife out on the 12 Feb 72 at The Queens hotel in Westcliff the evening after Southend had beaten Brentford 3-1 at Roots Hall .I was 16 and she was 14 although I had first spoke to her six months before at a Leigh Comm disco when she was 13 . We married Nov 73 I was 18 she was 16 and we have just celebriated 40 years of marriage and are still very happy I would never slate any body getting married young as I know we were .The funny thing is a few of thoughs who said we were to young ended up getting divorced .

I asked my wife out on the 12 Feb 72 at The Queens hotel in Westcliff the evening after Southend had beaten Brentford 3-1 at Roots Hall .I was 16 and she was 14 although I had first spoke to her six months before at a Leigh Comm disco when she was 13 . We married Nov 73 I was 18 she was 16 and we have just celebriated 40 years of marriage and are still very happy I would never slate any body getting married young as I know we were .The funny thing is a few of thoughs who said we were to young ended up getting divorced .

Good for you. You have to say, though, that the odds really are/were against you. Which only makes your success even more remarkable.

Good for you. You have to say, though, that the odds really are/were against you. Which only makes your success even more remarkable.
My big mistake was not asking her out when she was 13 .

Met my wife on the 'Brothers Grimm' coach to Plymouth in 1975. It was the 1st 'weekender' the supporters club had organised. The Plymouth game was a Friday night, overnight B & B at Plymouth Hoe, back on the Saturday via Bournemouth, where we were supposed to watch their game. Surprise, surprise, the coach broke down for a couple of hours at Bridport.
Our first weekend away as a couple was a month later on the 2 day 'Brothers Grimm' trip again to watch our game at Tranmere on the Fri night and watch Everton at home the following day!. Romantic or what!!.
We've been married for 35 years, (still are) but have been separated for the last 16 years!.

Your wife is the prettiest girl to come out of Leigh .

great stuff,great story..been with my wife now 30 years, must be the name "ozzie-ossie", once women meet us,they never let go.:stunned:met my wife in germany drunk,tonight going out to the german-british club for british christmas dinner , turkey,stuffing,crackers,xmas pud ,etc,etc..will end up drunk again:smile:.good luck oz/os, happy christmas

great stuff,great story..been with my wife now 30 years, must be the name "ozzie-ossie", once women meet us,they never let go.:stunned:met my wife in germany drunk,tonight going out to the german-british club for british christmas dinner , turkey,stuffing,crackers,xmas pud ,etc,etc..will end up drunk again:smile:.good luck oz/os, happy christmas
I always thought it was your scotch cap and crombie that drove the girls wild .

We met at work, both teachers. Managed to keep it fairly secret for a while... V funny moment when our engagement was announced at a staff meeting and lots of peeps didn't even know we were going out! Pretty amazing gossip for the girls at school though!

that was not me,may well have been rayleigh"ozzie-ossie",nice lad,one of us"in his way" r i p mate

That description fits Rayleigh Ozzie (Paul) to the tee. He was bisexual and i had a beer with him and his male partner (a guy about 20 years older than Paul) in the Crown in Rayleigh a couple of weeks before his 'partner' battered him to death with a bar at his bungalow in Rochford in 1981 .

Another one that met wife at work. Was hoping to keep it a secret but I'll never forget the first Friday night we went out together. Walked across Finsbury Square took a look behind me to see if anyone was watching out of the windows only to find half the office pressed against the windows waving. Well that was 1990 and here we still are. It's the one and only office where I've made social contacts for life.

Back