• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How Important is fridays game?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,14:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Feb. 09 2005,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,12:13)]I'm not saying 1-1 was a bad result, or that it was a bad performance, but if we have aspirations of automatic promotion that draw probably wasn't as good a result as everyone is making it out to be.
A draw is as good as everyone is making it out to be though.

If we take 4 points off every team then promotion would automatically be ours.

I think too many people are getting a little bit carried away with our 'aspirations'. At the start of this season, I think 95% of us would have taken a top half/top ten finish. This is looking increasingly likely and achievable so in my eyes anything else is a complete bonus.
Absolutely. A good season is a top half finish, anything more is a bonus.

I'm not saying we should get promoted (personally I think we'd be better off spending another year in the division), but plenty of people not just Wiggy are looking at automatic promotion. The facts are that we are 6 points behind automatic promotion and until midweek everyone had a game in hand over us.

Its hard to make points up at the top, the best way to do it is to beat your rivals. Last Friday was probably our best chance of overhauling Swansea. In terms of getting automatic promotion Friday was a bad result, in terms of achieving our goal of top half finish it was a good result.
I don't care how good some of us reckon our team is at the moment, the league table says different and that Swansea have done 6 points better.

Try telling a Swansea fan that we expected to win and they'd probably laugh. Their home record's hardly shabby.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 11 2005,10:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,14:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Feb. 09 2005,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,12:13)]I'm not saying 1-1 was a bad result, or that it was a bad performance, but if we have aspirations of automatic promotion that draw probably wasn't as good a result as everyone is making it out to be.
A draw is as good as everyone is making it out to be though.

If we take 4 points off every team then promotion would automatically be ours.

I think too many people are getting a little bit carried away with our 'aspirations'. At the start of this season, I think 95% of us would have taken a top half/top ten finish. This is looking increasingly likely and achievable so in my eyes anything else is a complete bonus.
Absolutely. A good season is a top half finish, anything more is a bonus.

I'm not saying we should get promoted (personally I think we'd be better off spending another year in the division), but plenty of people not just Wiggy are looking at automatic promotion. The facts are that we are 6 points behind automatic promotion and until midweek everyone had a game in hand over us.

Its hard to make points up at the top, the best way to do it is to beat your rivals. Last Friday was probably our best chance of overhauling Swansea. In terms of getting automatic promotion Friday was a bad result, in terms of achieving our goal of top half finish it was a good result.
I don't care how good some of us reckon our team is at the moment, the league table says different and that Swansea have done 6 points better.

Try telling a Swansea fan that we expected to win and they'd probably laugh. Their home record's hardly shabby.
They may have laughed, be we had the last laugh...

Six points is nothing that a slight blip can't overhaul and all of the top three have dropped points in the last couple of weeks. The opportunity is still there and if we're top three on the last day of the season, I'd take that.

We are good enough for League One as it stands and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got an impressive midtable finish in our first year. Knowing Tilson & Brush, they've probably already scouted a few quality players for League One anyway, which (if it happens) will give us a few more options to cope with the better quality of football you would expect from a higher division.

Good luck tonight lads... make us proud!

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
blues.gif

Must win game tonight, dont care what anyone says. Its a real six-pointer, if we win just three points behind the irons, however if they take three points tonight they will be nine points clear of us, thats a massive gap. And alot of people are saying scunny are the team to catch in the top three!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Feb. 11 2005,11:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 11 2005,10:51)]

They may have laughed, be we had the last laugh...

Six points is nothing that a slight blip can't overhaul and all of the top three have dropped points in the last couple of weeks. The opportunity is still there and if we're top three on the last day of the season, I'd take that.

We are good enough for League One as it stands and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got an impressive midtable finish in our first year. Knowing Tilson & Brush, they've probably already scouted a few quality players for League One anyway, which (if it happens) will give us a few more options to cope with the better quality of football you would expect from a higher division.

Good luck tonight lads... make us proud!

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
blues.gif
Sorry. My point lacked clarity. The gist of it was that Swansea would have been considering themselves good for a win against us. because of their league position.

We took two points off them that give us every chance of catching them. Great result.

Back