• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rigsby

Life President
You may well be surprised how much the first goal has influenced our results this season. We have now ended the bizarre run of not scoring in the second half but did you know but we have not gained single point away from home if the opposition has scored first.....11 games, 9 of which we didn't score at all. We did score first but lost at Donny and Scunthorpe.

The 5 games we won we had scored first. We also scored first in our 3 score draws (we were 2-1 down at Gills at one stage) and we had 2 0-0's to make it 5 wins and 5 draws away from home. So the only point we salvaged from behind was at Gillingham. but we did score the first goal.

We also lost all 3 cup games away when they scored first.

Our record at home doesn't get any better. A quick check on stats I can only remember beating Scunthorpe after we went 1-0 down and a draw with Northampton after being 2-0 down. In the 4 games we lost the oppo scored first. Again our 3 score draws we had score first with 2 0-0's to make it 5 draws at home.

We also won our 2 check-a-trade games when we score first and lost to Newport when they scored first.

So to sum up If we scored first at home (including cup games) W13 D3 L0...,Away W5 D3 L2

I the opposition score first.....Home W1 D1 L5 away W0 D0 L14

So I make that, including cups the opposition scored first on 21 occasions and we lost 19 of those games. the players clearly don't perform if we go 1-0 down....Regardless of who's manager.

Note this has been done quickly so please correct me if its wrong.