• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Still tip top at 100%.

Got Wet Spams new pad done early doors this season. In theory according to the 92 club I need to go to Grimsby (ugh) and Cheltenham again by end of 17/18 ie within two years) to keep them as 'counted', but hey what do they know?

To refer back to an earlier question, I think the general view is that for a visit to count you do need to see a first class football match there for it to count. So, you need to breath in heavily and enter the Tax Payers Stadium to have WHU counted now IMHO

Clearly O's, and Hartlepool or Newport, dropping out will deduct two, but for me with Lincoln and one of Trannies, Daggers, Forest Green and Aldershot coming up only Forest Green coming up will mean a new visit (if I ignore the 92 club purists).

We will of course tho lose White Hart Lane and yep, to keep the 92 'current' a visit to see Spurs in their temporary Wembley home will be 'needed'. I might give that a miss and wait until seeing them at their re-generated WHL in 18/19 (which I think most folk think will be a 'new ground').

Of course, if planning permission comes thro for Fantasy Farm and it turns out that the new design is an IKEA flat pack (which we have the instructions for this time) then we might have another new ground to go to soon .......

Above all tho, it should only be a '91' as MK should not exist.

Can feel an updated edition of the book being needed soon - run for the hills.:smile:

Still tip top at 100%.

Got Wet Spams new pad done early doors this season. In theory according to the 92 club I need to go to Grimsby (ugh) and Cheltenham again by end of 17/18 ie within two years) to keep them as 'counted', but hey what do they know?

Yeah, I've always thought that was harsh. I did Grimsby in 2005 and the only benefit of that trip was that it has counted towards my 92. I have no intention of going back!

I think I've read that for a ground to count you need to see the home team too; e.g. my visit to Villa Park wouldn't count as I 'only' went there for the FA Trophy Final (Canvey v Forest Green). But sod that.

Yeah, I've always thought that was harsh. I did Grimsby in 2005 and the only benefit of that trip was that it has counted towards my 92. I have no intention of going back!

I think I've read that for a ground to count you need to see the home team too; e.g. my visit to Villa Park wouldn't count as I 'only' went there for the FA Trophy Final (Canvey v Forest Green). But sod that.

I think that counts, as was seeing England play at grounds around the country when Wembley was being rebuilt.

I think the 92 club were also looking at changing the 'revisit' rules.

Still tip top at 100%.

We will of course tho lose White Hart Lane and yep, to keep the 92 'current' a visit to see Spurs in their temporary Wembley home will be 'needed'. I might give that a miss and wait until seeing them at their re-generated WHL in 18/19 (which I think most folk think will be a 'new ground').

:
Same situation as quite a few clubs that have rebuilt the whole ground,apparently they do not count as new grounds if they are built on the same site.
Bournemouth, Notts County, Crewe, Gillingham, Wolves are a few ground that have totally rebuilt all four stands. Possibly some more as well?

One visit to Grimsby is enough! 2005 was sh*te, I don't need another visit to count towards my 92.

I think that counts, as was seeing England play at grounds around the country when Wembley was being rebuilt.

I think the 92 club were also looking at changing the 'revisit' rules.

Maybe that was a particularly militant stream of the 92 Club I was reading about! I agree with you - such a position is pretty harsh.

Interesting re Tottenham as it is on the same site...ish.

aerial-views-of-tottenham-hotspurs-white-hart-lane-redevelopment-as-picture-id648843660

Maybe that was a particularly militant stream of the 92 Club I was reading about! I agree with you - such a position is pretty harsh.

Interesting re Tottenham as it is on the same site...ish.

aerial-views-of-tottenham-hotspurs-white-hart-lane-redevelopment-as-picture-id648843660

I love that photo. Having been to WHL a few times it's mad to think how much bigger the new ground is going to be in such a tightly packed in neighbourhood. It has so much potential as a ground with the modern facilities of Wembley but with the street-based location like Bramall Lane or Anfield. As long as Pavro Ocakbasi is unaffected...

Think I'm upto nearly 70. Next season the only grounds I haven't done are Oldham, Rotherham and Plymouth! And if Brum or Blackburn get relegated I'll need to do them too!

I love that photo. Having been to WHL a few times it's mad to think how much bigger the new ground is going to be in such a tightly packed in neighbourhood. It has so much potential as a ground with the modern facilities of Wembley but with the street-based location like Bramall Lane or Anfield. As long as Pavro Ocakbasi is unaffected...

Same! Normally I'm a bit grumpy when flying and in a holding pattern over my destination, but a couple of weeks ago I was right over north London on a beautiful sunny day. Got a really good look at that site and was just fascinated by it.

Looking forward to visiting once it is complete.

Ok, break down of clubs, one more than I thought:
Premiership - 10/20
AFC Bournemouth
Arsenal Emirates (non football)
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Hull
Leicester
Southampton
Stoke
Tottingham
Watford
Championship - 7/24 (have done all Brighton's old grounds but not the new one yet)
Birmingham
Brentford
Brighton
Burton
Derby
Huddersfield
Ipswich
Leeds
Norwich
League 1 - 13/24
AFC Wimbledon
Charlton
Coventry
Gillingham
Northampton
Oldham
Oxford
Peterborough
Sheffield United
Southend
Swindon
League 2 - 15/24
Barnet
Blackpool
Cambridge
Carlisle
Colchester
Crawley
Exeter
Hartlepool
Leyton Orient
Luton
Morecambe
Newport
Stevenage
Wycombe
Yeovil

I've done all three of the bottom clubs in League 2, two of which will go down, but have done Lincoln, and three of the play off contenders so it might change, depending on who comes up!

I am looking forward to finally doing Portsmouth next season, and possibly Plymouth too, if dates work.

Of the current set of grounds....

Brighton, Manchester City, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Reading and Derby is all I've got to do. But I've seen them play at home at their old grounds.

Grand total 134.

Of the current set of grounds....

Brighton, Manchester City, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Reading and Derby is all I've got to do. But I've seen them play at home at their old grounds.

Grand total 134.
Blimey Kerry, how have you not done Southampton at their current ground?

The only ground I ticked off this season was Shrewsbury. I think I'm now at 50 of the current 92 if you include grounds I've been to not watching Southend.

Hoping that Blackburn go down so I can go there, other than that can't see myself doing any new ones next season now that Bolton have gone up. The league's looking a bit more southern next season which isn't good for northern exiles like myself.

The only current grounds I have left are Man City, Stoke, West Ham and Barnet. I have visited all at their old grounds. The majority of my grounds are with Southend or England.

Out of interest do you need proof when finally visiting the last ground, or is there a League sheet you tick or get signed off at each stadium, obviously with up and downs this would change each season

Not saying you guys/girls havenot done those grounds, but there are some fibbers in the world who say it just to look good, I see nowadays people buy London Marathon finishers medals nowaday on E bay, question why, unless you collect medals ? or to pretend to fellow runners:sad:

UTS

Premier League 7/20

Arsenal, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Leicester, Man Utd, Southampton, Tottenham,

Championship 7/24

Barnsley, Brentford, Burton, Norwich, Nottingham Forest, Rotherham, Wigan

League One 23/24

AFC Wimbledon, Bolton, Bradford, Bristol Rovers, Charlton, Chesterfield, Coventry, Fleetwood, Gillingham, Millwall, MK Dons, Northampton, Oldham, Oxford, Peterborough, Port Vale, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Sheffield Utd, Shrewsbury, Southend, Swindon, Walsall

League Two 20/24

Accrington, Blackpool, Cambridge, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Colchester, Crawley, Crewe, Doncaster, Exeter, Grimsby, Hartlepool, Leyton Orient, Luton, Mansfield, Morecambe, Portsmouth, Stevenage, Wycombe, Yeovil

Premier League: Bournemouth, Burnley, Chelsea, Palace, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool (not sure whether this counts as it was for an FA Youth Cup tie), Southampton, Stoke, Sun'land, Swansea, Spurs, West Brom. 12 or 13/20 depending on how mean people are going to be about Anfield.

Champo: Barnsley, Birmingham, Brentford, Bristol City, Burton, Derby, Fulham, Ipswich, Leeds, Norwich, Nottingham Forest, QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan, Wolves. 15/24

League 1: 24/24

League 2: All except Barnet. 23/24

Total: 75/92

Will lose a ground whoever goes out of the league and if Forest Green come up. Done the other three Conf playoff sides and Lincoln.

Done the old but not new grounds of west scum, Arsenal, Cardiff, Brighton and Rotherham.

Still tip top at 100%.

To refer back to an earlier question, I think the general view is that for a visit to count you do need to see a first class football match there for it to count. So, you need to breath in heavily and enter the Tax Payers Stadium to have WHU counted now IMHO

Clearly O's, and Hartlepool or Newport, dropping out will deduct two, but for me with Lincoln and one of Trannies, Daggers, Forest Green and Aldershot coming up only Forest Green coming up will mean a new visit (if I ignore the 92 club purists).

Of course, if planning permission comes thro for Fantasy Farm and it turns out that the new design is an IKEA flat pack (which we have the instructions for this time) then we might have another new ground to go to soon .......

Above all tho, it should only be a '91' as MK should not exist.

Can feel an updated edition of the book being needed soon - run for the hills.:smile:

Really? I assumed that would mean the full 92 is impossible.

Premiership (5/20)

Chelsea
Spurs
Bournemouth
Watford
Crystal Palace

(have also done Southampton, Leicester, West Ham, Hull and Swansea - but not at their new grounds)

Championship (9/24)

Sheffield Wednesday
Fulham
Norwich
Brentford
Barnsley
Wolves
Ipswich
QPR
Burton

(have also done Brighton, Derby, Cardiff but not at their new grounds)

League 1 (18/24)

Bolton
Scunthorpe
Bradford
Millwall
Southend
Oxford
Rochdale
Bristol Rovers
Peterborough
MK Dons
Charlton
Wimbledon
Northampton
Shrewsbury
Bury
Gillingham
Swindon
Coventry

(have also done Chesterfield, but not their new ground)

League 2 (12/24)

Portsmouth
Luton
Exeter
Cambridge
Colchester
Wycombe
Mansfield
Grimsby
Notts County
Morecambe
Crawley
Orient

(Have also done Barnet, but not at their new ground)

So that's 44/92 of the current grounds (and 54 of the current 92 clubs)

Going down the pyramid one further level, I've also done Lincoln, Daggers, Aldershot, Chester and York when they were football league clubs!

Back