• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

how many grounds have you been to?

Wessex Blue

Manager
I'm bored so to amuse me for a while I was wondering how many League, Conference, Scottish, foreign and Int'l grounds have you been to?

You can include oldies like Roker Park, Filbert Street etc in the total as well.

I've done 49 in total including 9 Scottish grounds

Right, erm- not many really- only about 20 or so in the League, about 5 non-league, 3 or 4 Scottish, two Spanish (Real and Atletico) and Wembley.

Victoria Ground, Stoke;  Baseball Ground, Derby;  St James' Park, Exeter;  Stamford Bridge;  Highbury;  Plough Lane;  Goodison Park;  Portman Road;  Upton Park;  Prenton Park; Vetch Field;  Grimsby;  Rotherham;  Brisbane Road;  Park Lane;  Dean Court;  Ovenchip Stadium, Scarborough;  Abbey Stadium;  Kassam;  Elm Park, Reading;  County Ground, Northampton; London Road, Peterborough;  Layer Road;  Cravan Cottage;  Field Mill;  Home Park; Vicarage Road;  Goldstone Ground;  New Den;  Gigg Lane;  Wembley.  

Off the top of my head.

Wycombe Wanderers I haven't been to. Rochdale, for one reason or another, I've yet to visit. Erm .... I am honestly struggling to think of any other grounds I haven't been to in the league. Including Northampton's old cricket ground, Sc**thorpe's old one and that.

All sorts of different ones like Anglesey, Newcastle Town, Bangor City, etc. Kilmarnock, Cetic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts in the Scots Premier. Ross County, Inverness Caley, Ayr United, St. Johnstone and Queen of the South in the Scots First. Berwick, Hamilton, the old Meadowbank and Queens Park in the Scots lower league.

Europe's been a mix of French, Dutch, Danish, Italian, German and Belgian sides.

I suppose I just like a game and a day out wherever I am.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ Feb. 23 2004,12:48)]St. Johnstone...the old Meadowbank
always meant to go there, as my flatmate at uni used to play for them.

And now Meadowbank's a leisure centre...
sad.gif

Roots Hall, Victoria Road, Hornchurch, Brisbane Road, Portman Road, The Valley, White Hart Lane, Upton Park, Abbey Stadium, Huish Park, Welling, York, Layer Road, Looton, Millenium Stadium (for rugby tho) and how could i forget Barnet's Underhill ground (!)....

All i can think of at the moment.....

Only been to 8 current league grounds.
been to 2 now extinct grounds - Elm Park Reading and Plough Lane Wimbledon.

Been to Underhill now a confrence ground, and few local Non -league stadia.

The only European Ground i have seen a match at is the San Siro

So what's everyones favourite ground excluding Roots Hall!
Why is it your favourite?  

Also what's the worst ground you've visited and why?

Favourite has to be Portman Road as it has a good atmosphere and in general just a lovely ground to go to.

Worst has to be either Layer Road, Barnet or York's ground. Facilities were terrible, and just the ground's looked really nasty......Roots Hall is like a palace compared to those last 3!!

Best one on the list (not including Wembley) was Goddison Park, all seater appart from the terrace we had but the Everton fans were so quiet even after they scored. Worst is a toss up between Layer Road, Park Lane and Plough Lane, but i'll have to go for Layer Road for obvious reasons.

Roots Hall, Stamford Bridge, Highbury, White Hart Lane, Upton Park, Selhurst Park, New Den, Griffin Park, Brisbane Road, Plough Lane, Vicarage Road, Loftus Road, Craven Cottage, Elm Park, Layer Road, Abbey Stadium, Carrow Road, Filbert Street, City Ground, Baseball Ground, Walsall's old ground (cant remember the name Fellowes Park?), St James Park (Exeter), Ashton Gate, Twerton Park, Dean Court, Huish Park, Whaddon Road, Manor Ground, Kassam Stadium, Fratton Park, The Dell, St Mary's stadium, Goldstone Ground, Priestfield, The Recreation Ground (Aldershot), Old Trafford, Maine Road, Wembley, Millenium Stadium, Hampden, Easter Road, Tynecastle, East End Park (Dunfermline), Fir Park (Motherwell), Broomfield (Airdrieonians), Rugby Park (Killie), Starks Park (Raith Rovers), Ibrox

48 I lied!
wink.gif

Yeovil was the 50th league ground I've visited.

That is league ground in the sense that it hosted league football when I visited it. That includes places like Exeter, Halifax, Shrewsbury, Scarborough and Barnet who no longer are league clubs, and teams like Reading, Stoke, Darlington etc who have moved to a new ground.

I do wonder if Roots Hall will join either of those lists........

ps Closest I've been to seeing a game abroad would be Canvey.

I have just had a count up and realised i have not been to only 4 English league grounds!

They are Old trafford, Anfield, Villa Park and Ellend Road. With the exception of about 3 of all the other grounds, they have all been to watch SUFC play in a competitive game!

PS: I haven't been to any Scottish league grounds as i only watch proper football
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Wembley
Charlton
Leeds
Leicester (both Filbert and the Walkers)
West Ham
Coventry
Gillingham (Seen both Gillingham and Brighton Home games there)
Col Ewe
Brentford
Wycombe
Peterborough
Oxford
Yeovil
Torquay
Cheltenham
Bristol Rovers
Roots Hall
Park Lane

Why don't we turn this in to a Southend 'Fan of the Millenium' competition?

Whoever has been to the most grounds wins a Beaver sports anorak, a tartan thermos and a Lloytron transitor radio (with earpiece) to keep in touch with those important half time scores.

In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by whoever the judges agree expresses the greatest level of indignation (in 30 words or less) as to why they weren't given a priority allocation of Canvey tickets despite being at Carlisle away, midweek for the last however many times etc. etc.

smile.gif

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>God I&#39;m sh*t with names, so forgive me in some cases:
National
Wembley
Millenium
Olympic Stadium (Rome) Roma

Premiership
The Library, White Hart Lane,

1st Division
Pride Park, Selhurst Park (Franchise Utd)

2nd Division
Scumland, Hillsborough, Loftus Road (QPR),

3rd Divison
Roots Hall, KC Stadium, Kassam, Sc**thorpe, Birdbrain Road, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Kidderminster, Cambridge

Conference
St James&#39;s

Lower Leagues
Great Wakering, Canvey

So not doing bad - I&#39;ve been past at least 20 more when there hasn&#39;t been a game - most frustrating was being 2 minutes walk from the Bernabau during early August. Oh well, I&#39;ll time my holiday&#39;s a bit better in future&#33;

Best? Probably Pride Park for a League Game.
Worst? Col Ewe, particularly being a second division side now. Special mention for Highbury - been in the home and away end and I think people get confused with Historic and dilapidated....</span>

Grand Total of 39 grounds

Premier League (7)
Arsenal
Birmingham
Bolton Wanderers (Blundell Park)
Chelsea
Fulham (Craven Cottage)
Man Utd
Tottenham

First Division (9)
Bradford City
Crewe Alex