• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many of our players are league one standard

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Not a knee jerk reaction to tonight’s result but watching the game I tried to work out who I think is League one standard .

Dieng at times is calm and assured on the ball , reads the game quite well

Hopper - with the right service and players around him he is defo league one standard

Hutchinson - I think there is a player in there , confident , looks to pass forward and tries to be positive with everything he does

Elvis at times looks very good but also looks really bad at times too , needs to be more consistent with his defending but think he can cut it at this level

For me that’s your lot I’m afraid folks

Only Hopper for me. Humpreys, Kelman, Hutchinson and Elvis are all young enough to be League 1 quality in a year or two though, although with them learning their trade alongside these players I wouldn't blame them if they were looking for a better club to develop them in January.

We need to clear out this lot! Utter dross!! No manager in the world could get a tune out of this lot!! Jan cant soon quick enough! I see ted smith down the gym everyday working hard and im wondering why the f...k we let him go!!

Only Hopper for me.

At best the rest are in and out, and when they are out, they are really poor. Not even conference standard.

Stand by for a real shocker on Sunday!!!!!!

Not a knee jerk reaction to tonight’s result but watching the game I tried to work out who I think is League one standard .

Dieng at times is calm and assured on the ball , reads the game quite well

Hopper - with the right service and players around him he is defo league one standard

Hutchinson - I think there is a player in there , confident , looks to pass forward and tries to be positive with everything he does

Elvis at times looks very good but also looks really bad at times too , needs to be more consistent with his defending but think he can cut it at this level

For me that’s your lot I’m afraid folks
What about cox? Other then that i agree

Brandon ****shot should be sent back to Weymouth , thats his standard ,Hyam,Milligan and a few others should be sent out to pasture along with a few other donkeys, i think Sol better off giving some youth players some time now , forget these people trying to pass themselves off as professional footballers
Seriously the only ones i would keep apart from the youths are ,Bishop,Elvis,Hutchinson,Dieng,Humphreys,Hopper,Kelman, Acquah,Rush, Golly Gee i find it hard going through the squad to really name many senior players i would keep, makes you realise what a job Sol and his team have got on their hands , i truly wish them well

What about cox? Other then that i agree

I think can still show glimpse of quality but it’s just not happening for him at the moment , I think this maybe his last season as a league one regular - however if he was in an attacking minded confident side then u would see a lot better version of Cox

When fully fit (and have had a proper pre season) then I'd say just Hopper, Cox. Hutchinson, Humphrys and maybe Macca

I don’t usually support wholesale changes in a playing squad, it takes time for new players to bed in and gel to gain a consistency however with the utter dross I have seen this season I would retain the following for a League 2 campaign (the rest aren’t cut out for that level in ability and/or mentality let alone League 1.
Sol and his team need to accept they’ve inherited a relegation bound squad and put plans in place for an immediate return to League One next season.

Bishop (as understudy) need a proper number 1
Elvis
Hutchinson
Klass
Hopper
Humphreys
Kelman
Acquah (get experience on loan, not 1st team ready)
Rush (get experience on loan)

Need to assess Kyprianou, Gard & Barratt post long term injuries

Cox, Kiernan, Dieng, White or Demi (choose one or two max of these for experience and continuity within squad)

Just got to hope come January 3 or 4 signings can transform the few most seem to rate as good enough for league one. There was a time people didn't rate Gower or Maher, once surrounded by decent players they were two of our best. Off topic I know but im glad Barrett didn't become manager now, dont think anyone can turn this around :(

I retained Dieng as i believe he has the makings of a decent CB.

A centre back who is aggressive and can organise the back line to be brave and not retreat every time there is an attack

Like wise a centre mid who can put it about , someone with leadership qualities

We need pace out wide too , seems we will have to dig into the loan market for this

A commanding GK

An experienced LB

Not much to ask for eh !!

Back