• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many of these Championship Manager 93/94 players can you identify?

17:blush:

I clicked on the wrong button for one and got the Italian and Spaniard wrong.

Generally those players were all too old for me to sign. It took a couple of seasons for Southend to have the cash and by then they didn't fit within my transfer policy.

Thinking about it, I actually pioneered Moneyball a decade before Moneyball. I use to buy the best 17 year olds, loan them out until they were good enough to make my team and then flog them when they were 28 before their value went down. I was way ahead of my time.

17:blush:

I clicked on the wrong button for one and got the Italian and Spaniard wrong.

Generally those players were all too old for me to sign. It took a couple of seasons for Southend to have the cash and by then they didn't fit within my transfer policy.

Thinking about it, I actually pioneered Moneyball a decade before Moneyball. I use to buy the best 17 year olds, loan them out until they were good enough to make my team and then flog them when they were 28 before their value went down. I was way ahead of my time.

That was definitely the way to go and players always went massively downhill in the season that they turned 31 and then were pure crap from that point onwards but you could find some bargains in the players who started old. Lee Chapman had a much more successful Southend United career for me than he ended up having in reali life, and almost as a good a goals per game ratio as well.

18/20. Got the Italian wrong, and the Liverpool one wrong, mainly because it said he was English, and I remember him scoring for Scotland against England. He must have not declared his nationality by then.

11, but I think FM had one wrong. Question 3 was Chris Waddle, but the description had him as pretty unfit, which put me off. Apparently at the 1990 world cup, even though he always looked knackered, CW was actually one of the fittest in the team. He just always looked knackered.

11, but I think FM had one wrong. Question 3 was Chris Waddle, but the description had him as pretty unfit, which put me off. Apparently at the 1990 world cup, even though he always looked knackered, CW was actually one of the fittest in the team. He just always looked knackered.

Chris Waddle is player/manager of a Sunday League team in Sheffield. My 6-a-side teammate got a shock when his Sunday team saw him lining up against them!

Just realised that post was a bit 'Barna'.

Back on topic!

18/20. Got the Italian wrong, and the Liverpool one wrong, mainly because it said he was English, and I remember him scoring for Scotland against England. He must have not declared his nationality by then.

I only got the Italian one right because I remember Conte being one of the very few foreign players available for sale in the game.

I spent a significant portion of my youth playing this game and bringing untold glories to Southend United.

Back