• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How much would you pay for next years season ticket if it helps save the club? Basing on The Rat is gone,

How much would you pay for next years season ticket if it helps save the club?

• Total voters

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Ok people simple question. If The rat is gone what would you pay for a season ticket to help the Consortium?

I've gone for the £350 option as I'm a senior, and that amount is £135 more than I paid last year. Nevertheless, if it were £350 then I would pay that.

Different context, but I got my notification to renew my season ticket at Atlético Madrid this week. Including La Liga, Champions League and Copa del Rey, it’s £320. I love SUFC and would pay more to watch my team, but can’t imagine paying £650 for a falling apart Roots Hall for National League football.

I went for £550 for an adult.

Wonder if the consortium might offer a share purchase. Similar to what Ron did many moons. I'd not be expecting any money back. More of a donation to the club.

I’d also be prepared to buy a multi-year season ticket if it helped - 3 years for the price of 2 (full price)?
Only helps in the short term id imagine. Would be quite a fall in income in yr3 - I'd be stunned if financial prudence would prevail to the extent that some of the cash paid now would still be around in yr3.

I'm attending the Greenbelt Festival this August Bank Holiday weekend. They operate a 'graded' pricing policy.

Perhaps the club could introduce similar season ticket pricing structure to the one below, thus enabling those able and willing to make a donation to do so? (I wouldn't make the 'Supported' offer available though!!!)

WEEKEND TICKETS​

We’re sticking with our pay-what-you-can-afford ticketing model for 2024 so you can:
  • pay it forward and go for the Supporter ticket
  • opt for the Standard ticket that our festival budget is built on
  • or choose the Supported ticket if you’re struggling financially

Weekend tickets

Having a season off. Will save around 10k a year in total in terms of home and away tickets merch food travel etc. I’m going to act as if I’m still going to the games and put the money in a pot then go in a cruise next summer.

Having a season off. Will save around 10k a year in total in terms of home and away tickets merch food travel etc. I’m going to act as if I’m still going to the games and put the money in a pot then go in a cruise next summer.
I honestly don't think that clubs appreciate the dedication shown to them by fans like you, if they did they would come up with some sort of loyalty scheme.

I think there should be a different price for pensioners, I realise it dosent apply to me as i live overseas and survive entirely on a pension , my fault i should have listened to the advice my brother David and his wife Valery ( rip ) gave me but was hard headed and married the wrong person . Its what your call thinking with your dick not your brain.

I honestly don't think that clubs appreciate the dedication shown to them by fans like you, if they did they would come up with some sort of loyalty scheme.
Tbh I know every season what I sign up for it. I’m a glutton for punishment.

I thinkI think there shoul there should be a different price for pensioners, I realise it dosent apply to me as i live overseas and survive entirely on a pension , my fault i should have listened to the advice my brother David and his wife Valery ( rip ) gave me but was hard headed and married the wrong person . Its what your call thinking with your dick not your brain.
There is, and always has been. I paid £215 last season, considerably less than a full price Adult.

Firstly I think the season card holders from last season should be rewarded for putting up with all this mess, discounted big time, then anyone else I don't think season cards should exceed £350 at tops.

Different context, but I got my notification to renew my season ticket at Atlético Madrid this week. Including La Liga, Champions League and Copa del Rey, it’s £320. I love SUFC and would pay more to watch my team, but can’t imagine paying £650 for a falling apart Roots Hall for National League football.
Therein lies the problem in football.
All the money is at the top, meaning that the big teams get so much from the TV deals that they actually don't need to rely on season ticket income, so can practically give them away. If that happened here (its been talked about), then clubs like Orient, Dagenham, Tranmere, Rochdale, Stockport and almost every other small club (including us) would simply fold as they couldn't get the support through the gate.

I have no problem with the top leagues having the most, but the lower levels have to have enough to not just survive, but to compete.

Anyhow, regardless of who is in charge, if I had to make an inflated one off season ticket charge to save the club, I don't know, I certainly would consider anything up to a grand. Not on a regular basis but if it guarantees our existence, then as long as I could afford it, ok.

Therein lies the problem in football.
All the money is at the top, meaning that the big teams get so much from the TV deals that they actually don't need to rely on season ticket income, so can practically give them away. If that happened here (its been talked about), then clubs like Orient, Dagenham, Tranmere, Rochdale, Stockport and almost every other small club (including us) would simply fold as they couldn't get the support through the gate.

I have no problem with the top leagues having the most, but the lower levels have to have enough to not just survive, but to compete.

Anyhow, regardless of who is in charge, if I had to make an inflated one off season ticket charge to save the club, I don't know, I certainly would consider anything up to a grand. Not on a regular basis but if it guarantees our existence, then as long as I could afford it, ok.
Yeah, and that @manor15 geezer is a bit of a part time Blues armchair fan as well:Winking:

I would also pay significantly more on a one off if required.

The difference between us and top level football is our financial support contributes to sustaining the club. I kept my season ticket even when living abroad a decade ago because it meant I was still doing my bit to help SUFC even though it was terrible value. I can never see it in the same way as any other product I buy. Feels a bit muggy due to RM's attitude but I don't regret it.

If we had ownership that actually looked after the club, that feeling of obligation would only strengthen.

Last edited:
Firstly I think the season card holders from last season should be rewarded for putting up with all this mess, discounted big time, then anyone else I don't think season cards should exceed £350 at tops.
Last season was one of the most entertaining for a long while - I think most people got value for money. I very much doubt ticket prices will go down.

Back