• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How much would you pay for next years season ticket if it helps save the club? Basing on The Rat is gone,

How much would you pay for next years season ticket if it helps save the club?

• Total voters
I think it’s going to be interesting. You’re looking at attracting new season ticket holders, so you don’t want to overprice. Also, right now the product doesn’t justify a price hike. Once ground improvements, better catering, fan zones, a scoreboard ffs, start appearing then ok, increase fully justified.

You’ve also got the fans who’ve stuck by the club through dark times and been loyal. Think they need to be savvy when it comes to pricing. We could sell loads at the right price. Those who would’ve bought regardless, yeah they might be prepared to pay extra.

Bromley have announced their prices for L2 and an adult plus a child season ticket comes in at £415 early bird and just under £500 full price. That’s fair I think. You want to encourage families and the younger generation in.

I put £650+ but do that every season anyway in the blues lounge.
Although I would be prepared to pay more than normal for my season card this coming season.

I think it’s going to be interesting. You’re looking at attracting new season ticket holders, so you don’t want to overprice. Also, right now the product doesn’t justify a price hike. Once ground improvements, better catering, fan zones, a scoreboard ffs, start appearing then ok, increase fully justified.

You’ve also got the fans who’ve stuck by the club through dark times and been loyal. Think they need to be savvy when it comes to pricing. We could sell loads at the right price. Those who would’ve bought regardless, yeah they might be prepared to pay extra.

Bromley have announced their prices for L2 and an adult plus a child season ticket comes in at £415 early bird and just under £500 full price. That’s fair I think. You want to encourage families and the younger generation in.
Season Tickets, look at this:- Not sure there are any Wolves fans on here that also follow our beloved Shrimpers but what I can tell you is that the S*** really has hit the fan base after the club announced their season ticket price increases for the coming season of 2024-25. I don't know why but I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the club since my one and only visit to Molineux in the League Cup when we lost 1-0 to a John Farrington last minute goal back in Sept.1968, Back in those days I use to think it was the colour of their shirts which were old gold with players such as Derek Dougan, Peter Knowles, Mike Bailey & Alun Evans.
Anyway Yes,they do play in the Premier League, you know the one they now call "The Best League in the World"(Ha, bloody Ha, in my opinion). The following is just a sample of why their supporters are so angry and let's face it who could blame them, *Family Stand for Dad Mum+2 kids both under 14. Last season £1,480, this season £2,050 which is an increase of well over 35%. Very sad but true

Season Tickets, look at this:- Not sure there are any Wolves fans on here that also follow our beloved Shrimpers but what I can tell you is that the S*** really has hit the fan base after the club announced their season ticket price increases for the coming season of 2024-25. I don't know why but I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the club since my one and only visit to Molineux in the League Cup when we lost 1-0 to a John Farrington last minute goal back in Sept.1968, Back in those days I use to think it was the colour of their shirts which were old gold with players such as Derek Dougan, Peter Knowles, Mike Bailey & Alun Evans.
Anyway Yes,they do play in the Premier League, you know the one they now call "The Best League in the World"(Ha, bloody Ha, in my opinion). The following is just a sample of why their supporters are so angry and let's face it who could blame them, *Family Stand for Dad Mum+2 kids both under 14. Last season £1,480, this season £2,050 which is an increase of well over 35%. Very sad but true
Thats what happens when you pay absurb wages and transfer fees

Gate money brought in about £1.6m+ in total in 20/21- so if the club were to be financially viable without relying on some benefactors spending a £1m+ a year to balance the books gate money would have to increase by say 60%.

It would of course then be our club and not someone else’s plaything. A 60% increase in prices isn’t going to happen as punters can’t afford it. Trouble is there are probably many supporters like me - train strikes etc meant I saw my fewest number of games since about 1962- just the eight last season. - that’s £100 after vat!

I could of course buy a season ticket but then there would be an empty seat for most games.

None of us want to pay for nothing though.

Even at NL level players wages are far too high. Non league in the good old days was always part time and probably should still be.

Any whispers yet about season cards actually being available?

Be great to see 5k season cards sold and embargo debt paid, even it is agreed that Ron will pay the debt back on top of the so called 20 million.

It would be interesting to know how well commercial agreements are going, are there an increase in sponsors lined up for next season? I guess most of them will be similar to regular supporters inthat they are waiting for Mr Martin to **ss off.

If we have more sponsors - that will obviously eat into the £1m a year loss being made

It would be interesting to know how well commercial agreements are going, are there an increase in sponsors lined up for next season? I guess most of them will be similar to regular supporters inthat they are waiting for Mr Martin to **ss off.

If we have more sponsors - that will obviously eat into the £1m a year loss being made

There are so many things that could make the club viable.

Season cards topping 5k
Regular gates of 7k+
On the day match revenue from bars marquees etc
Shirt sales
Success on the pitch
Increased corporate and sponsorship
A decent cup run

All of the above would move is closer to the magical break even

There are so many things that could make the club viable.

Season cards topping 5k
Regular gates of 7k+
On the day match revenue from bars marquees etc
Shirt sales
Success on the pitch
Increased corporate and sponsorship
A decent cup run

All of the above would move is closer to the magical break even
less court appearances / legal fees..

Just goes to show that in some cases you need a bottomless pit of money available if you don’t come up with the right support and backing in football, tough times for hell of a lot of clubs these days.

Any whispers yet about season cards actually being available?

Be great to see 5k season cards sold and embargo debt paid, even it is agreed that Ron will pay the debt back on top of the so called 20 million.
Could be as early as the end of this week, but should be no later than the 10th June is what we were told today.

I've gone for £350, that's because I get the concession for over 60s.

It could be worse, we could all be Spurs supporters, especially mature ones. Talk about getting the wrong end of a pineapple shoved up the bum!

Tottenham Hotspur's Supporters' Trust says it is “hugely disappointed” to see season ticket prices increase by six per cent for next season. The most affordable adult season ticket at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will cost £856 under the new scheme, and the most expensive would cost £2,367

If £2000 for a season ticket next year was the price of ridding the club of the Martins forever, then I personally would be finding a way to fork out.

Sadly not all of us would be able to fork out that amount, I suspect. Some would strain every sinew to do it out of love for the club and possibly give themselves a problem.

If it were to come down to something like this where an amount of money needed to be raised I’d much prefer it was handled separately from season tickets. Keep those prices as low as we can - make it as affordable for everyone as possible whether or not they are in a bad spot financially at the time. Footy gives us all a lift mentally, but only when we’re there.

If it was £X to be raised, I’d dig as deep as I could but only if I really felt assured that this would do the trick.

We wouldn’t pay more than £300 as we have to buy two senior tickets and only have pension so put money away each month.plus £125 for car parking space at ground.

We wouldn’t pay more than £300 as we have to buy two senior tickets and only have pension so put money away each month.plus £125 for car parking space at ground.
Is that how much it is, £125 a season just to park at the ground, bit steep isn’t it🤔

Back