• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much?

shrimperman

Manager
Totally hyperthetical but...

whats your realistic valuation of our current crop 'top' of players?

and,

what value do you think Ron would be willing to let them go at?

*Flavs?

*Barrett?

*Kev?

*Gutteridge?

*Freddy?

*Gray?
laugh.gif

I have to say Freddy must be worth over a million. Maybe 1.5. He is amazing, scored goals from nothing and gets praise from everyone. One in a million!

I'd say Freddy defo has to be at least a £3m player which was the figure bandied around for players like Trundle & McLeod.

Gutts prob £500k to £750k.

Everybody else I think are the sort of players clubs would rather try & attract if they're out of contract & so ain't worth a penny to us financially.

Barrett & Kev - no point in selling either. Neither wants to play for anyone other than us, so it would be utterly futile trying to put a value on them.

Darryl... £75K at a push? Again, he's worth far more than that to us and there's no indication he wants to leave, so pointless discussing it.

Wayne... on the basis of his recent form, and the fact that his contract is up: he's worth now't. Nil. Nada. £0.

So that leaves Freddy & Gutts. Freddy - £1.6m upwards. Gutts - £250K upwards... diminutive midfielders don't go for that much...

rock.gif

Matt

Interesting, I remember a few years ago thinking we would never see another Southend player go for more then a few hundred grand!

The form Eastwood is showing must now be pushing him up to the 1.5 / 2 mil bracket. Not just for the number of goals, but for his general play and variety of goals.

Id say Daryl would be worth a few hundred grand now. Just coming into the peak years for a goalkeeper, safest pair of hands around, great with the ball on the deck, only his height will stop him playing in very top level.

Guttridge, probably close to the couple of hundred grand that Charlton were rumoured to be thinking of paying when he was starring for Cambridge.

As for the rest....Mark Gower must be worth a hundred grand more then the £30k odd we paid for him now he has turned it on in league one, plus Id say Barrett would be £200k as a mainstay in two promotion sides (though think he would be found out in higher quicker divisions).

Maher also a couple of hundred grand, though his value would be more to us then what we would get for him (given his age, lack of pace etc).

Think they would be the most valuable players, though am still hoping Cole can be a worthy investment....it seemed to me that Grays fans were more disappointed by him leaving then Eastwood

Back